HPE OneView
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HPE OneView Global Dashboard, Locked appliance alerts.

Labiak
Regular Visitor

HPE OneView Global Dashboard, Locked appliance alerts.

I am struggling with problem of unwanted alerts in HPE OneView Global Dashboard.

All alerts in state "Locked" with description: "Unable to login to the management processor."

I 've tried to  remove appliance (oneview for synergy ) from Global Dashboard - than alerts disappeared. Unfortuanatelly  after oneview registered again alerts reappeared. 

Next step I have tried was to remove all alerts from OneView for Synergy with powershell: Get-HPOVAlert | Remove-HPOVAlert -Force -Confirm:$false.

This also didn't help.

Any idea?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: HPE OneView Global Dashboard, Locked appliance alerts.

The alerts are present in Composer OneView appliances. But, they are not visible in the Composer GUI. You will be able to see these alerts in the Composer OneView API if you use an API tool such as the PowerShell library:

Get-HPOVAlert -AlertState Locked

You could then clear those alerts via:

Get-HPOVAlert -AlertState Locked | Remove-HPOVAlert -Force

Other API tools could be used instead:

GET https://<OneView-IP-Address>/alerts/rest/resources?start=-1&view=alertSummary&query="alertState='Locked'"

DELETE https://<OneView-IP-Address>/rest/alerts/<alert#>?force=true

For more info:
https://hewlettpackard.github.io/POSH-HPOneView/

You will need to clear the alerts in the OneView appliance via the API for them to be cleared in Global Dashboard.

Accept or Kudo
Labiak
Regular Visitor

Thank you Bruce,

"Get-HPOVAlert -AlertState Locked" on "OneView for Synergy" returns no output,

I assume this error for some reason is not visible from "OneView for Synergy" web/powershell  BUT somehow it is gathered by "HPE OneView Global Dashboard" and it is showing as critical error. 

Any other solution?

Is the Synergy OneView appliance connection healthy? If the appliance connection is not healthy these could be stale alerts. If the appliance connection is healthy, you are seeing locked alerts, and the OneView API is not indicating locked alerts, that would be unexpected. There is not another resolution other than the monitored appliance clearing the alert condtion and giving updated status to Global Dashboard. Please check this combination and let us know.

Accept or Kudo
Labiak
Regular Visitor

Burce, I don't know what kind of connection you have in mind. If you think about physical connection, than I suppose it is fine as we have few synergy enclosure and all are connected in simillar way. I was also done by HPE engineer.

Also communication ethernet should be without problem between both "OneView for Synergy" and '"OneView Global Dashboard". No firewall or blocking ports.

Check the appliance state in Global Dashboard to see if the appliance is online or offline. If the appliance is connected or if connectivity has been lost. If connectivity has been lost between Global Dashboard and the OneView appliance then Global Dashboard may have stale data.

Accept or Kudo