5766 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE OneView License

Ahmed_Khudhair
Occasional Visitor

HPE OneView License

Dear All,

Good day, i'm seek your advise for HPE OneView license because i'm new here.

1. How many type of HPE licenses?

2. OneView license include ILO and VM?

3. What i should consider when purchase the licnese for OneView?

Best Regards

AK

2 REPLIES 2
Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

Re: HPE OneView License

There is good information on licensing and features in the OneView QuickSpecs at

HPE OneView QuickSpecs 

And from the FAQ

Q. How is HPE OneView licensed?
A. The HPE OneView management appliance controls licenses. The same management appliance can be used for both HPE OneView Advanced licenses and for HPE OneView Standard. This choice is made by the user when they initially add their system to the HPE OneView management appliance.
• HPE OneView Advanced provides full-featured licenses, which can be purchased for managing Gen8, Gen9, and Gen10 servers. All HPE OneView Advanced versions are licensed “per physical server.” These licenses include three years of 24x7 Technical Support and Updates (TS&U) and access to introductory one-hour web-based training (WBT) providing an overview.
• There are two types of HPE OneView licenses:
– HPE OneView with iLO Advanced
– HPE OneView without iLO Advanced
• HPE OneView Standard can be used for inventory, health monitoring, alerting, and reporting without additional fees. HPE OneView Standard can monitor Gen6, Gen7, Gen8, Gen9, and Gen10 servers. The user interface is similar to the HPE OneView Advanced version, but the software-defined functionality is not available. Once deployed, both storage and servers are monitored in HPE OneView, and the storage topology is viewable in MapView. It doesn’t include Support and Updates. An annual 9x5 Support and Updates offering is available for additional fee with SKU K6F98AAE.
• The HPE OneView management appliance controls the licenses, and it can be obtained in two ways:
– Software download Virtual Machine Appliance (VMA) from HPE Software Depot
– Purchase of the HPE OneView Media Kit (contains a USB flash drive)
Please note that the HPE OneView licenses after applied to server(s) are not transferrable.
HPE OneView Advanced management software can be used for 60 days without charge. This is a trial period, and after 60 days, customers must apply HPE OneView licenses.

Thanks,

Doug

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
AmRa
HPE Pro

Re: HPE OneView License

Hi AK,

To know in details about type of HPE OneView licenses, please watch HPE OneView Licensing Guide video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnNJw7-e73s

Or please refer HPE OneView QuickSpecs (page number 6)

https://h20195.www2.hpe.com/v2/GetPDF.aspx/c04111367.pdf  

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo