SOLVED
Go to solution
PhS-
Regular Advisor

HPE OneView PowerShell

Hello, it seems that the powershell command

New-OVLdapGroup

requieres authentication ?

I don't understand why ? can we not use the Connection already estabish ? If you use the web interface you don't need to authenticate again ? I am confuse.

I just established a connection, and want to add some AD groups and give rights ... how can I do that ?

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: HPE OneView PowerShell

Session state is not shared from your web browser to any other OneView client.  You need to use the clients authentication process to generate a new session.  As you are using the PowerShell library, you need to first use Connect-OVMgmt.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

PhS-
Regular Advisor

Sorry if my question was not clear.

I indeed use the 

Connect-OVMgmt

at the begining of my script. Then I want to use

New-OVLdapGroup

but the parameters credential seems mandatory ?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Yes, that Cmdlet needs another credential to the authentication directory.  Why?  OV does not allow the password to be re-used without re-entering them.  This is exactly the same as the UI.  So you still need to supply the authentication directory credentials.

And there is no way for me to get your existing credentials and decrypt your password to pass as plain text.  We don't support Kerberos ticketing.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

PhS-
Regular Advisor

But I am using service account ...

in the web interface I don't need to provide the credentials to query AD, select a group and give a roles to this group.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

Then that is a missing use case in the Cmdlet.  Please go create an issue on the project tracker and will look at it further.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

PhS-
Regular Advisor

Done,

thanks for the fast reply