6366 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPE OneView and Utilization data Warrning for ILO with Essentials license

Support-Rexonix
Visitor

HPE OneView and Utilization data Warrning for ILO with Essentials license

Hello,
I install HPE OneView ( HPE OneView Standard) and add three servers with iLO .

One ILO (DL360 G9) have "iLO Advanced" license (Utilization is OK, because I have ILO with Advaced license)
Second ILO (DL 120 G9) have "iLO 4 Essentials"license (Utilization data Warnning because i dont have Advaced license)
Third ILO (DL 20 G9) have "iLO 4 Essentials"license (Utilization data Warnning because i dont have Advaced license)

Problem is with Utilization data, when OneView report Warrning in Activity with this Warnning message:

Utilization data has not been successfully collected for 37 minutes and 5 attempts. Communication failed. HPE OneView no longer has management access to the server hardware due to a change in iLO management settings.
Resolution Refresh the server hardware to restore management settings, or remove the server hardware from management.

I can't permanently disable this warnning because when I change in Activity log this warnning to "Cleared" OneView server performs a scan task again and the error appears again.

Please is possible pernament disable this task or event because the ILO with "iLO 4 Essentials" license If they are permanently in a state of Warning.

Thnaks

Jan Louda

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The issue isn't necessarily with the lack of an iLO Advanced license on your Second and Third server.  OneView is unable to communicate with the target iLO.  So, if you have not done so already, perform a Refresh of the server hardware from the Actions menu when you have navigated to the Server Hardware resource in the UI.  If the refresh fails, there may be an issue with the iLO itslef (either the IP Address has changed, iLO is no longer available on the network, etc.).

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Support-Rexonix
Visitor

Hello,
thank you for answer. I tried Refresh ILO (DL x20 G9 with "iLO 4 Essentials"license ) but same problem.

I tried add more 7  "DL 20 G9 with iLO 4 Essentials license" and is the same problem. Only ILO DL360 G9 with Advanced license is OK and HPE OneView collecting utilization data. I testing HPE OneView than will add all 40 Servers. 

I think it is problem with ILO Essential license not supports utilization data:

https://h17007.www1.hpe.com/docs/enterprise/servers/oneview2.0/cic/en/content/s_licensing-about-cic.html#s_licensing-utilization-cic   and Licensing and utilization statistics "The appliance gathers and reports utilization statistics for server hardware that has an iLO Advanced license, including monitored servers and enclosures"

Is possible disable task from command line example cron task etc.?

Is OK when manual clearing Activity about utilization but OneView start task again with warnning messages :(.

Thanks you

Jan Louda

KM_Techs
Occasional Visitor

I see the same behavior with a bunch of DL380e Gen8 / DL320e Gen8 servers that just have the iLo Essentials license as well.  They are running the latest 2.50 firmware.  Those servers do not support collecting utilization data, so it should not be trying to collect it.

I would think that this is a bug.  It doesn't matter how many times I refresh the server, the alert always comes back.

I am running the latest version of OneView as far as I am aware.

Thank you.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

What License Intent did you select for your servers you added as Managed resources? HPE OneView Advanced or HPE OneView Advanced without iLO Advanced?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo