HPE OneView

Re: HPE OneView for Microsoft System Center 10.0 - SNMP Collection Point server - Install & Conf

xzdg5m
Occasional Contributor

HPE OneView for Microsoft System Center 10.0 - SNMP Collection Point server - Install & Config

Hi, I've been up and down the documentation and finding very little on this. I want to use the Collection Point (CP) server between our incoming Primera/Synergy infrastructure and my SCOM 2019 Manager in a default Resource Pool, but I'm not getting the results advertised in the docs. To start, my installs of the Integration Kit on the SCOM Mgmt server looks different - rather than ‘Monitoring > HPE Storage > Configuration dashboard’, which has a page that includes a section to add the SNMP Collection Point server, I instead have ‘HPE OneView Systems>HPE Storage System’ and there isn't any option to add the CP server.

As well, my install of the HPE Storage Management Pack for System Center 5.4 on the server I intend to use as my CP server did not match the user guide install - namely all the options for which components to monitor are greyed out, where the guide indicates I should be able to choose them.

And a question - the Storage Management Pack for System Center 5.4 User Guide indicates it should be installed on both the CP box and my SCOM Mgr, but I can't find instructions specific to the OpsMgr side and want to be certain what I choose for the SCOM Mgr install option - OpsMgr or Collection Point Server? Although I'm installing on OpsMgr server, it doesn't seem intuitive to choose it since I want to use a CP box.

Last question - Is the SCVMM connector optional or required? I'm interested in it, just hoping I don't to bother with it for now until I get these other issues resolved.

Much thanks.

1 REPLY 1
ManBha
HPE Pro

Re: HPE OneView for Microsoft System Center 10.0 - SNMP Collection Point server - Install & Conf