New Discussion

Re: HPE OneView - reset Administrator password

SOLVED
Go to solution
andylad9
Occasional Visitor

HPE OneView - reset Administrator password

Hi,

The password for our HPE One View is unknown and we'd like to reset.

Found this article on how to do it:  https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-a00066874en_us

Step 4. says "Telephone the authorized support representative and provide that person with the following information".

Does anyone know who that authorized support representative would be or how I go about finding out?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

Please use this document to lookup a regional support number to call, in order to reach an HPE OneView support engineer.  The process to resetting the built-in Administrator account password is documented here in the HPE OneView 5.30 User Guide, on Page 212.  All HPE OneView user documentation is located here on the Enteprise Information Library.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

schwengels
Advisor

Hello,

Does this apply to Non-Synergy Oneview appliances that are that are a virtual machine? I am able to ssh to my OneView instance and enter maintenance at the login screen, but then it presents a second login screen. I am having a hard time following the directions on page 212. Again, this is not a Synergy Composer Appliance but a stand alone virtual machine that is used to monitor rack mount servers and c7000 chassis. I do not have the local admin password and need to reset it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Mark

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Sorry for the late reply here.  For a virtual machine appliance, you will need to access the hypervisor console of the appliance.  Once you see the HPE OneView login screen, use CTRL+ALT+F1 key sequence.  You will see a typical Linux shell login prompt.  Type in maintenance here.  In the following menu, you will see the menu option to reset administrator password.  You will need to be on the phone with an HPE Support Engineer, as this is a restricted process.

When the password is reset, you will use the CTRL+ALT+F2 key sequnce to get back to the web browser UI.

We will look into getting the user guide docs updated correctly to fix this incorrectly documented process for the VMware vSphere, Hyper-V and RHEL KVM appliance.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo