HPE OneView
1752794 Members
6132 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPE Oneview SCOM MP : Multiple Resource Pool possible ?

JeroenBleeker
Occasional Visitor

HPE Oneview SCOM MP : Multiple Resource Pool possible ?

Hi,

We manage two Windows domains (A and B). In domain A is our SCOM (Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2019)  installed, and in domain B we have two SCOM gateway servers (connected to the SCOM instance in domain A). This way we can monitor domain B from domain A.

We want to place in each domain a HPE Oneview appliance, and integrate it with SCOM with the use of the HPE Managemant packs. Because there is just one Resource Pool (HPE Resource Pool for HPE Oneview Management Pack) where we can place the relevant Management / Gateway servers in, we can not make the difference between the two domains. We would like a resource pool with the management servers for domain A and a seperate resource pool for the Gateway servers for Domain B. Both resourced pool used for the HPE Oneview instance in SCOM. Has anyone experience with this?

Thanks in advance and kind regards, Jeroen Bleeker

3 REPLIES 3
Anurag_Soni
HPE Pro

Hi,

If I understand your requirement correctly, you would like to monitor two different domain with two different instances of HPE Resource Pool for HPE Oneview Management Pack. this way you want to monitor two different domain.

I doubt if it is possible because the overall objective of resource pool is to provide high availability. it is a logical grouping of management servers and/or gateway servers used to distribute work among themselves and take over work from a failed member.

let me know if misunderstood your requirement.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

JeroenBleeker
Occasional Visitor

Hi Anurag_Soni,

Thank you for your reaction. You understood my question very well. I also thought it may not be possible. But it is nice to know that i understand the architecture. 

Kind regards, Jeroen Bleeker

SanjeevGoyal
HPE Pro

Hello,

Please let me know if you have any quires.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   

Regards,

I am a HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo