8008 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion

HPE Oneview for vCenter Certificate issues

ScottBoyde
Occasional Contributor

HPE Oneview for vCenter Certificate issues

Hi

I have deployed a new Oneview for vCenter to use assist with lifecycle manager.  I have attempted to generate a new certificate but the Applicance does not reflect the updated cert.  It still shows up as the pml.defaultdns.net.

When I try to install the certificate in vCenter I get the error 

Failed to add HPE OneView for VMware vCenter certificate into vCenter Trust store. Please try again later or add the certificate manually into vCenter Trust Store.

Can someone assist please, thanks

4 REPLIES 4
support_s
System Recommended

Query: HPE Oneview for vCenter Certificate issues

System recommended content:

1. HPE OneView for VMware vCenter 11.0 Release Notes | Issues and workarounds

2. HPE OneView for VMware vCenter 11.0 User Guide | HPE OneView for VMware vCenter configuration

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

BMadina
HPE Pro

Re: HPE Oneview for vCenter Certificate issues

You should check the OV4VC user guide on which certificate you need to use to perform the vLCM operation. You may need to use a certificate from the 3512 port.

To update the certificate for 443 port, you'll need to update the appliance using the CA signed certificates.  Internal CA or External CA both will work.

I work for HPE
MV3
HPE Pro

Hi
Did you try reboting the Oneview for VMware vCenter appliance?

if you have not done , please reboot the appliance nd follow the below steps.

Procedure
Select Menu > Administration > HPE OneView for VMware vCenter > OneView Service Pack for ProLiant(SPP)Management.
Click ADD CERTIFICATE button and add the HPE OneView for VMware vCenter certificate.
HPE OneView for VMware vCenter displays the Success dialog box indicating that you have added the HPE OneView for VMware vCenter certificate into the vCenter trust store.
To view the certificate on the vCenter trust store, perform the following steps:

Select Menu > Administration > Certificates > Certificate Management.

You can find the HPE OneView for VMware vCenter certificate in the vCenter trust store, under the Trusted Root Certificates section.

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
T_1_6
Regular Advisor

This problem the OP mentioned now does not happen with later OV4VC.

You can apply your own PKI cert to it, and if your vCenter is PKI also and has your Root certs, it automatically will trust the Oneview appliance if OV4VC is given a custom PKI cert from your Cert servers.