108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPE oneview license and features

SOLVED
Go to solution
Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

1- As all of my servers are DL580 G10 and need to run proactiveHA and proactiveHA will not work without oneview thus i need install oneview and then run proactiveHA ? Yes, you need to install OneView

2- Is that mandatory use and install oneview if I just want run proactiveHA or can just deploy OV4VC for use proactiveHA or had to deploy both of them ? (my means is just for run proactiveHA) No, you must install both OneView and OV4VC for P-HA to work

Thanks,

Doug

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
baber1
Regular Advisor

So thanks but

1- confusing part fo me is server integration part in HPE ONEVIEW for vmWARE VCENTER plugin such as attach pic . i am saying if we need oneview that through it vcener can get logs from physical servers why this part has been designed in this plugin and you said that is not necessary to insert esxi credential or ilo credential in this part now what is it ?

2- such as attach pic in HPE ONEVIEW for vmware vcenter there is HPE ONEVIEW FOR VMWARE VCENTER DEPLOYMENT part what can I do in this part ?

Regards

Babak

Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

1- confusing part fo me is server integration part in HPE ONEVIEW for vmWARE VCENTER plugin such as attach pic . i am saying if we need oneview that through it vcener can get logs from physical servers why this part has been designed in this plugin and you said that is not necessary to insert esxi credential or ilo credential in this part now what is it ? The health information that is used by Proactive HA is gathered by OneView and sent to vCenter. SO you need to connect the vCenter to OneView and not the individual iLOs

2- such as attach pic in HPE ONEVIEW for vmware vcenter there is HPE ONEVIEW FOR VMWARE VCENTER DEPLOYMENT part what can I do in this part ? This manages ESXi images that can be used for deploying HPE blade servers and Synergy using what is referred to as "Grow Cluster". You can find more information in the OV4VC User Guide at www.hpe.com/info/ovvcenter/docs

Thanks,

Doug

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
baber1
Regular Advisor

So thanks

but about question1 ;

I asked why design Server integraions part on HPE ONEVIEW FOR VMWARE VCENTER

when we select + button in new widows we can add a server with ILO credential or esxi Credential

now i want to know why this part has been designed

what happen will be do when i add hosts here and when i won't add ?

Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

The ability to add individual servers via iLO credentials is a legacy feature that was used before OneView came out. It allowed OV4VC to talk directly to the iLO.  However, since OneView has been out (now for quite some time), the recommended method is to use OneView instead of talking to each individual iLO. That is our strategy for the future.

So when Proactive HA support came out, it was designed to get the health information only from OneView. The HPE Proactive HA provider will only get data from OneView, and will not get it directly from the individual iLOs.

So in order to use Proactive HA, you must be using OneView.

Thanks,

Doug

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
WernerHel

Hello,

I've tested with a trial license (HPE OneView Advanced w/o iLO), and have a warning message in HPE Oneview that "1 server needs license"

I want to remove the license, but the server is already re-used and I have now Idea how to find the server.

Is there a way to find this server in HPE Oneview?

Werner