1753734 Members
4468 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPEoneview and Lifecycle manager

baber1
Regular Advisor

HPEoneview and Lifecycle manager

As you know has been added new feature to vSphere7 (Life cycle manager) one of the vlcm's feature is aaply HPE firmware and driver on my hosts that are in the cluster . Now I am using vSphere 7.02 and also I have installed HPE oneview and oneview4vCenter now I have 10 hosts in my cluster and want to update ILO5 Firmware for all HPE servers. I just want update ILO firmware

I have installed :
HPE_OneView_6.20.00_ESXi_Z7550-97183
HPE_OneView_for_VMware_vCenter_10.3_May_2021_Z7550-03616

Is that possible ?
Because I dowanlod ilo5_255.fwpkg and upload it in the HPEoneview in Firmware Bundle but according to attach pic it show not compatible
Now what should I do ?

rom.jpg

39 REPLIES 39
PriitP
Frequent Advisor

Re: HPEoneview and Lifecycle manager

You have to upload entire SPP to Oneview. Only then you can add it to vLCM repository. After that you can create cluster desired state image with this SPP as a firmware bundle.

baber1
Regular Advisor

1- My first problem is when click on setup image There is not anything for select in ESXi version what should I do ?

Do I have to upload esxi image here ?

2- Is that your means first had to add SPP to hpe oneview as base bundle and then when release new firmware or driver had to add to it with create custom spp and apply that ?

PriitP
Frequent Advisor

Does your vcenter have internet connectivity? If yes it should be able to download both, esxi bundle and also the hpe oem add-on.  You may need to run sync updates in vLCM.

SPP needs to be uploaded to Oneview. Then done, you can see it in vCenter LCM. But what i've experienced is, that if you compose a custom SPP, with some newer firmwares, vCenter LCM is not able to run image compliance check with it. After compliance check on cluster it just displays unknown, as a status. Idon't know is this a VMware or HPE bug.

baber1
Regular Advisor

I don't have internet access. but I think for apply specific ILO firmware or drivers we have to create custom SPP 

PriitP
Frequent Advisor

With custom iso and specific firmwares in it you have to use Oneview server profiles. Add the custom spp to server profile and click reapply. But before this to succeed, you have to put iSUT in esxi to autodeploy mode.. With OV4VC 10.3 or newer you can do this from vcenter on cluster level.. if iSUT is in Autodeploy mode and server profile has firmware updates set to happen immediately, Oneview triggers the firmware updates right after profile reapply. Reboot you have to do manually after OV states, that reboot pending.

baber1
Regular Advisor

I confused . 

Would you please help me about 2 questions ?

1- My first problem is when click on setup image There is not anything for select in ESXi version what should I do ?

Do I have to upload esxi image here ?

2- Is that your means first had to add SPP to hpe oneview as base bundle and then when release new firmware or driver had to add to it with create custom spp and apply that ?

PriitP
Frequent Advisor

To build desired state image in vCenter LCM you have to have ESXi image in LCM. Without internet connectivity you have to upload VMware vSphere Hypervisor (ESXi) Offline Bundle (zip file) manually to LCM. Optionally upload also HPE-703.0.0.10.8.0.23-Oct2021-Addon-depot.zip 

Yes, you have to upload the ful HPE SPP iso file (ca 10GB) to HPE Oneview. Then thisupload is finished and Oneview has processed the SPP inventory go back to vCenter.

Now in vCenter OV plugin screen you can choose the SPP and add it to LCM.

In cluster view it is possible now to choose ESXi version, Vendor Addon and Firmware and Drivers Addon to build your desired image.

baber1
Regular Advisor

As I don't have any options to select esxi version in vLCM Do I have to upload HPE custom iso mage or depot file ?

PriitP
Frequent Advisor

Like i wrote on a previous post, you have to upload a depot (zip) file, not an iso file. It can be HPE Customized zip.