108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HPEoneview and Lifecycle manager

baber1
Regular Advisor

Re: HPEoneview and Lifecycle manager

Thanks .
1 . My esxi version is 7.0.2 build 148643
so do I have to download this depot hpe custom version and upload it ?
2- for example I want to apply new patch on my esxi hosts so in the first step had to upload patch (zip file) . What is the next step here ?
PriitP
Frequent Advisor

1. Yes, you can use HPE customized depot zip file

2. Minimum you need to download is the same version as your current ESXi build. But if you want to update ESXi as well, you can download newer HPE customized build, for example the latest : 

https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/downloads/details?downloadGroup=OEM-ESXI70U3-HPE&productId=974

In case you download newer build, you should download the Vendor Addon depot zip file as well, which is in accordance to the ESXi build: latest is here

https://customerconnect.vmware.com/en/downloads/details?downloadGroup=ADDON_ESXI70U3_HPE&productId=974

Upload those 2 files to your vLCM and you can build an image, which allows you to update your ESXi and all firmwares of your HPE server.

baber1
Regular Advisor

1- As I understood because my current esxi verison is VMware ESXi, 7.0.2, 18426014 at the first step had to upload HPE Custom Images for esxi 7.0.2 18426014 offline bundle depot(zip file )?
Is that correct ?

2 - In the next step for update esxi hosts had to upload HPE Custom Image7.0 U3 offline bundle depot(zip file) and then can select it in esxi version for update
is that correct ?

PriitP
Frequent Advisor

1. If you want to upgrade ESXi build, you don't need to download current build, just download the latest build depot file.

2. If you have this latest U3 build uploaded to vLCM you can choose this in ESXi build drop down to build your image

baber1
Regular Advisor

1- If I want just update my HPE firmware and drivers had to upload current version of esxi offline bundle ?
2- And then add my custom SPP ?
PriitP
Frequent Advisor

1. Yes, if you don't want to upgrade, ESXi you have to upload ESXi depot, which matches your current build.

2. Use HPE provided latest Gen10 SPP. With custom images i didn't get it working.

I recommend you to upload the current build of ESXi and also the latest build. In this case you can choose, which image to build. If you want to only upgrade firmwares, choose ESXi build, which matches your current build,

baber1
Regular Advisor

As my current version is :  VMware ESXi, 7.0.2, 18426014

I could not find any HPE Custom Image for ESXi Offline Bundle  or HPE Custom Image Install CD

1- Where can I get it ?

2- Is that mandatory upload ESXi Offline Bundle depot file or we can also upload ISO file ?

PriitP
Frequent Advisor

1. It's a patch release, so you can find it from patch downloads section of the https://customerconnect.vmware.com/patch

For building an image download the appropriate ESXi depot file (7.0U2c in your case) and also HPE custom Addon file, i pointed you earlier.

2. Yes you need depot file in zip format. ISO is for building upgrade baselines, but you are already converted to image based updating., so you have to build an image. For this you need depot files.

Consult also Vmware documentation, how to build desired state images with vLCM

baber1
Regular Advisor

Thanks. but about the first answer as my current esxi version is 7.0U2c-18426014 and this is path so what do I have to do ? because had to upload two file first depot file for esxi base and then patch file . what should I do now ?

PriitP
Frequent Advisor

1. Download the ESXi patch file from VMware portal. Upload it to your vCenter LCM. Download the HPE Vendor Addon file from VMware portal. Upload it to vCenter LCM. Upload the HPE provided Gen10 SPP file to HPE Oneview.

2. Register HPE SPP as Online Software Depot in vCenter. Build an image on Cluster update view: a) Select ESXi build from drop down b) Select HPE vendor addon c) Select HPE SPP from HSM drop down menu. Validate and save the image. Remediate the cluster.