108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HPOneView not responding

SOLVED
Go to solution
JohnR2
Occasional Visitor

HPOneView not responding

We are running OneView v2.00 under MS Hyper-V.  This has been in place since Aug-2016.

A few days ago we found we could not connect to the browser interface and could not ping the VM.  Hyper-V shows the machine as 'running' and I have tried restarting it but it makes no difference.

I have tried logging a call with HP support but they won't log a call without a serial number.  Does this have a serial number?

Can anyone tell me how I can access the OneView VM?  I have a backup available (created using the PowerShell module) but I can't restore this unless the system is available can I?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
peyrache
Respected Contributor

You can access directly to console
Toggle UI to character using ctrl F1 or F2
JY
JohnR2
Occasional Visitor

Sorry but I don't understand what you mean

peyrache
Respected Contributor
Solution

You can access directly to oneview console
Hyperv manager window connect command
Then you have access to oneview console

[cid:image001.png@01D34E7E.9ACA2060]
JohnR2
Occasional Visitor

Thanks.  I have resoved the issue now - it was a problem with DHCP.  The OneView system had lost it's IP address.

PeterWolfe
Respected Contributor

>  it was a problem with DHCP.  The OneView system had lost it's IP address.

Technically, that's an unsupported configuration. You really want to assign OneView a static address. It's supported to use DHCP if you use static DHCP reservations (which is essentially a way to use DHCP to assign a static address).

If the OneView IP changes then the remote monitored/managed devices no longer know here to send SNMP traps etc. It causes a set of cascading issues that are all avoided with static addressing.