3282 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HPoneview strange behaviour

bolbol
Frequent Visitor

HPoneview strange behaviour

Hi all,

We have moved OV from one site to another.

After the restart we have changed the IP Adress/netmask/gateway and hostname of the appliance from the console.

OV launched autorefresh on all enclosures and succeeded to refresh enclosure, servers, servers profile but not interconnect.

all interconnect becomes with maintenance state.

When you select the vcm from enclosure it redirects to new OV ip Address but if you type directly the ip address of one of the interconnect it directs to the old ip addresse of OV.

version OV: 4.20.01.01

5 REPLIES 5
AmRa
HPE Pro

Hi,
After the appliance IP Address has been updated, it will auto refresh all resources and update the applied monitoring configuration so the managed/monitored endpoint will forward their SNMP traps to the appliances new IP Address.
However in current scenario have you checked by restarting OneView appliance after changing the OneView appliance IP address.
Also will you please check by refreshing the enclosure from OneView appliance.
If still issue continued, please provide the screenshot from LIG or LI where you are seeing the alert on Interconnect Modules.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
bolbol
Frequent Visitor

We have tried all suggested scenario:
Refresh from enclosure
Reboot appliance

We receive same result.

Is there any possiblity to force the discover of the interconnect?
bolbol
Frequent Visitor

Other thing
The initialize task for the interconnect still running since 4 hours with no progress
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Virtual Connect Manager is no longer running on the modules when HPE OneView is used to manage a c7000 enclosure with HPE Virtual Connect.

At this point, with a refresh of the enclosure task outstanding 4 hrs (or more later), I would advise you open a support case.  One thing to check prior to opening the support case is to ensure that the destination subnet you put your OneView appliance into, can route to the infrastructure it is managing.  And that route must be within a datacenter, high speed, low latency network.  If you moved your appliance to a remote location, across a WAN, that is not supported, as the appliance must be deployed locally, within the same data center.  It can be in a different VLAN than the iLO's and OA's are located.  Also, ensure that a firewall is not blocking communication between the appliance and the infrastructure it is trying to manage.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

bolbol
Frequent Visitor

Hello

we have found some blocked ports. 

The refresh was successful and no problem was shown.

But after we restarted the appliance, the same probllem is back again (initialize interconnect didnt finish and interconnect in maintenance mode)