108761 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Hardware Support roadmap

SOLVED
Go to solution
GrantStreet
Occasional Contributor

Hardware Support roadmap

What is the roadmap for supporting older hardware?

What hardware is currently supported?

15 REPLIES 15
GrantStreet
Occasional Contributor

Are there any requirements on the chassis hardware version?

Hazem Bahgat
Frequent Advisor

Greetings GrantStreet,

Mind you give me some more information about your request?

mind you give me brief information about your old HW and what road map you need to move to?

Best Regards and Appreciation,
Hazem Bahgat

Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

Thank you for your inquiry GrantStreet.  However, we are unable to discuss roadmap information regrading unreleased versions or products on our Forums.  Please ask your HP Sales team to discuss that topic.

To your other question, we have no requirements for specific enclosure generations, other than HP OneView only supports the c7000 enclosure at this time.  For other hardware support information, please see the Release Notes and Support Matrix for the most current hardware support information.  You can find either of these docs on the HP OneView Enterprise Information Library section.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Jeroen_Kleen
HPE Pro

hi GrantStreet, you can find the needed info on www.hp.com/go/OneView/docs or in detail on these 2 URLs on that page:
releasenotes: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/kb/docDisplay/?docId=emr_na-c03967136
supportmatrix: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/public/kb/docDisplay/?docId=emr_na-c03967138
CHeers, Jeroen
(I am an HPE employee)
mt3dek
Advisor

Looking through the matrixes, is it safe to assume, since it is not listed, that HP Workstation Blades G6 models are NOT supported? Majority of my environment are G6 workstation blade models. WS460, WS490, BL490 all G6. All my chassis are c7000/c7000 G2 (14 in total)

Can you confirm? If I install OneView 1.0 in current environment it will work for my G8 blades, but the firmware management and update mechinism is supported and managed by Insight Management. Does the latest version of Insight Management support G6 infrastructure?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The HP OneView Support Matrix outlines the supported hardware.  As HP OneView supports only Gen8 and specific G7 blade servers, any legacy server will be unsupported.  They will appear in the Inventory, but assigning Server Profiles will not be possible.  HP OneView is designed to build upon the innovations in Gen8, while still supporting specific legacy G7 blade servers.

We would advise customers that require management of legacy HP ProLiant infrastructure to continue using the Insight Management suite.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

mt3dek
Advisor

OneView uses Insight correct? so would this require only 1 server or 2 different servers? I didnt see anything specific for VMWare 4 being support in 7.2 or 7.3. Is that not supported as well?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

OneView uses Insight correct?

No, HP OneView does not use the base Insight Control product.  The HP OneView license does entitle customers to the use of HP Insight Control Server Provisioning, which is an appliance-based server provisioning tool.

To your question regarding VMware 4 support, it is listed in the HP Insight Management Support Matrix v7.3, on Page 59.  The table is a bit weird IMO.  You can find other support related documentation on the Enterprise Information Library.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

mt3dek
Advisor

Thanks Chris,

With that being said, can Insight Mangement and OneView be loaded on the same VMWare server?