HPE OneView
1752582 Members
5100 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How To Clear Locked Certificate Alerts?!

ServerParrott
Advisor

How To Clear Locked Certificate Alerts?!

Hi All,

I've been following a discussion posted by another user about how to clear locked alerts for expired leaf certificates, however HPE are yet to have an answer for it. 

To clear locked cert alerts, you have to delete the expired cert, create a new one, and then add it to OV with the same alias name as the previous cert.

But I don't want to add new certs to clear this, as the certs OV is moaning about are not even required anymore.

So this has ended up leaving these locked alerts, even though the certs are not in the OV cert store anymore.

Is there a workaround for this? (Bearing in mind I don't need these certs anymore...)

Will there be a fix for this in a future update?

It would be very useful perhaps if the super admins could clear locked alerts permanently.

Locked Alerts will not clear, even though I don't need these certs anymore!Locked Alerts will not clear, even though I don't need these certs anymore!

9 REPLIES 9
Zaanstad
Occasional Visitor

Same problem.

Running the 4.00.07-0330056 version

ServerParrott
Advisor

Somewhat relieved I'm not the only person witht this issue. 

Looks like I am running a slightly different version though...

4.00.05-0325661

thomaspunktelf
Advisor

Hi,
I`ve posted this in another thread, but no answer and no solution till now.
I`ve updated my appliance to 4.00.7 (newest), I`ve removed the enclosure, delete all mentioned certificates, replace them with new, valid certificates, nothing has solved this issue. The alerts already present and locked.
No idea what to do...

regards
Tom

peyrache
Respected Contributor

May be related to HPE advisory
Advisory: HPE OneView 4.0 – Server Hardware Status May Display as Critical for Some Servers with an Expired Integrated Lights-Out (iLO) Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificate
Matthew Ingram
Regular Advisor

I can also confirm that 4.00.07 doesn't resolve the issue. The cert is green/valid in the cert management. The alias matched, but the alert still exists and is locked.

thomaspunktelf
Advisor

Hi,
any news for this topic? Has anyone a solution to clear this useless alerts? I have this problem on three of four OneView instances and summarized on the global dashboard, it`s really annoying.

regards

Tom

ServerParrott
Advisor

Hi Thomas, 

No news to report so far, no one from HPE has gotten back to me with news about a fix or even an acknowledgement of the problem!

I have since updated to the newest version and can confirm it doesn not fix this.

I agree, ruins the global dashboard.

Not good when you get quizzed as to why the dashboard looks crap all the time and we are still waiting for a fix.

Matthew Ingram
Regular Advisor

The solution I got was to regenerate the self signed certificates. Then support logged into the OV appliance and ran a script to delete all locked alerts. Not really a fix, but if the certificates are good the alerts shouldn't come back.

Eric_

I haven't seen this issue for a while, but when I did updating the iLO firmware for each server helped.

Eric