HPE OneView
1751763 Members
5859 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion

How many OneView network addresses are consumed by various Synergy components?

Dave_Thacker
Contributor

How many OneView network addresses are consumed by various Synergy components?

I'm setting up a new OneView instance and I need to get the correct size for the OneView ip address range.   I need to find how many IP's are consumed by the various components including:

480 Gen 10 Blades and iLO's

Interconnects

Chassis 

Composers. 

I haven't a good document for get this info.   Is there a planning guide or a  similar doc that calls out that info?

Thanks. 

Dave 

"Leveraging Synergy across all technology platforms!"--Scott Adams
1 REPLY 1
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: How many OneView network addresses are consumed by various Synergy components?

I thought we had a planning guide, but I cannot find it right now.  If you simply wanted to allocate and configure the bare minimum IPv4 or IPv6 addresses, you will need 3.  One for the web UI address, and one per Composer for the maintenance IP address.

If you wish to allocate more, then you will need:

• 3 for Composer
  • Per Frame:
    • 12 total, 1 per compute for the iLO (assuming half-height)
    • 6 total, 1 per fabric mode for its management interface (except for the SAS fabric modules)

Everything internally communicates via IPv6 Link Local, so these addresses are not used for internal management purposes.  The only reason why you would want or need to configure a routable IPv4 and/or IPv6 address is for remote L3 connectivity to those resources.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo