5741 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

How to automate the Installation Of HP-One-View

Narthan
Frequent Visitor

How to automate the Installation Of HP-One-View

Dear all,

We are trying to automate the installation of HP-One-View applicance.

While installation the below following steps need to be input by the User

1:license agreement(Licence_Agreement.jpg)

2: HP oneview login(HP_One-View_User_Name_Password.jpg)

3: Changing the default password (HP_One_View_Authorized_servie_access.jpg)

4: providing Ip address and it settings(ppliance_Networking_configuration_page.jpg)

Issue: Currently we have HP-One-View_1.20.OVA file, do we have any another alternative way to automate the above instructions ?.

Please let me know your suggesitions/inputs on the above issue and find the attached snapshots need to be automated.

"Any input from the forum members would be highly appreciated".

Thanks,

Narthan S 

5 REPLIES 5
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: How to automate the Installation Of HP-One-View

Hello, and welcome to the HP OneView Communities.

Yes, we have a few different options available that you can use to automate provisioning a brand new HP OneView appliance:

1. Grab the HP OneView PowerShell library (https://hewlettpackard.github.io/POSH-HPOneView/), and see the ApplianceConfig_Sample.ps1 sample script on how to configure the First Time Setup.
  2. There is a Python library available that you can also use to complete First Time Setup. (https://github.com/HewlettPackard/python-hpOneView)
  3. Use the REST API to complete appliance setup.  You can use the following API Docs to perform the various actions you wanted for First Time Setup:

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Narthan
Frequent Visitor

Hi ,

Thanks for your suggesitions and the valuable links.

We need to automate that using Python scripting.

I go through the flow of Hp-one-View first time setup In Hp-One-View power shell scripts, In that he is using the function called "Connect-Fusion ----->Connect-HPOVMgmt(This Function is used to connect the HP-One-View applicance)"

The Python corresponding functionality of "Connect-HPOVMgmt" is not available in the Hp-One-View Git, Please find the attached file (Connect_funcalinality.JPG)

I took the snap-shot from the below link:

https://github.com/HewlettPackard/python-hpOneView/wiki/Python-Scrtip-to-PowerShell-CMDlet-mapping

Do we have any other methods or functionalities to connect.

Thanks ,

Narthan S

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Please submit an issue to the GitHub tracker for the Python library.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

frippe1975
Visitor

Chris, really good pointers!

The only thing I'm missing is how to get it done end-to-end.
I'm deploying the appliance using Ansible setting up a KVM host, networking and booting up the VM. Works fine.

The console show the appliance is boot to the EULA step. At this point I dont have networking and cannot get the process described by you automated in. I guess accepting the EULA is required prior to setting up basic network to be able to talk to the REST-endpoint? Or am I missing something here. DHCP ?? or what. Have a DHCP server but no DHCP request has reached the it. 

frippe1975
Visitor

I guess DHCP should be first method of choice acr. to the manual.
Must be having some network issue after all, looking at my kvm bridge I see the mac address of the oneview-vm but cannot get either dhcp or static to work. The guide is not clear on what type of inteface should be used (rtl8139  or virtio).

Page 13 - https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c05098276
Connecting to the appliance in DHCP and non-DHCP environments The appliance requires a static IP address. DHCP is only used when connecting to the appliance for the first time during installation. NOTE: If there are networking issues and you cannot connect to the appliance, use the hypervisor virtual console to log on to the appliance to verify or change network settings.