4877 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How to change license for a blade-server

micke_christen
Advisor

How to change license for a blade-server

Hi!

A cust have 3 blade-servers that have a different license than the enclosure have been licensed with? The servers have HPE OneView Advanced w/o iLO and the enclosure have HPE OneView Advanced.

Is it some way to change this without to taking down the servers?

BR
/Mikael

Micke_Christenson
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Per the online help documentation About HPE OneView Advanced licensing for managing server hardware section:

Changing server hardware license type

You can change the license type for server hardware as noted below.

• If the server hardware does not have an HPE OneView license applied, you can change the license type at any time.
  • If the server hardware already has an HPE OneView Advanced w/o iLO applied, you can change the license type to HPE OneView Advanced, as long as there are HPE OneView Advanced licenses available.
  • If the server hardware already has an HPE OneView Advanced license applied, you cannot change the license type.

in order to change the license type, go to the Server Hardware view, select the resource, Actions menu, then Edit.  Or, you can use the Update-HPOVServerHardwareLicenseIntent PowerShell Cmdlet in order to automate or script the operation.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

micke_christen
Advisor

Hi!

It seems that this does not work since the server already have an iLO-Advanced license. From the log:
---------------
Existing "iLO Advanced" license detected. A "HPE OneView Advanced" license was not assigned because an existing "iLO Advanced" license was detected. Assigning a "HPE OneView Advanced w/o iLO" license instead.
----------------

If I remove the iLO Advanced license from the iLO it seems that it should work?
Is this a correct assumption?

BR

/Mikael

Micke_Christenson
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Yes.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo