HPE OneView
1752608 Members
4718 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to eliminate "Connectivity Lost" messages for NIC ports that aren't used

ArubaGuy
Occasional Advisor

How to eliminate "Connectivity Lost" messages for NIC ports that aren't used

In my DL360 Gen10 servers there are 4x 1Gb ports onboard. We are using two of them, but the other two are not connected. Yet OneView seems to flag these servers as being "Critical" because they have a "Link Down" status on those unused ports. How do I make OneView not care about them?

Thanks,

Michael

4 REPLIES 4
Kamalji
Frequent Advisor

Re: How to eliminate "Connectivity Lost" messages for NIC ports that aren't used

If the server NIC portt are not used and with no network cable connected ...
You may use cross cable to connect the two unused NIC ports to avoid the error ..

Thank You!
I am a HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Thanks Kamalji, that's an idea, although a more burdensome solution for the customer than just having a way to indicate NICs that aren't being used. The NIC seems to know if there's a cable in there, even if there's no link, so it's just a question of coding to look for that.

PatrickLong
Trusted Contributor

What version OneView are you using, and  what version of iLo 5 are your DL360 Gen10 servers at?  Latest iLo 5 version 1.37 released Oct 26, 2018 includes a fixlist item:

- Fixed false errors showing link lost on NICs when link never seen in IPMI.

I would try updating your iLo and then refreshing the servers in OneView to see if this resolve it - it resolved aa similar issue for me where my ESXi hosts were showing up in alert status in vCenter dur to "Status of host hardware objects"  (Advisory a00053955en_us) and shortly after -but not immediately after- upgrading the iLo to 1.37 all the alerts were resolved..

MCSAP
Frequent Advisor

Hi,

Did you ever resolve this issue?  We are getting it with older versions too, Gen 9.  It is driving our SCOM team crazy because of the false alerts for unused uplinks.

These are ESXi hosts so I have to rely on OneView and not AMS for sending the alerts.

HPE is there a solution to stop these alerts coming for UNUSED uplinks?