5934 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to expand oneview drive

Tropisk
Occasional Advisor

How to expand oneview drive

Hi,

We get a message about free disk space when adding new HP SPP.

We have expanded the hyper-v drive, but cant figure out how to expand the drive within OneView.

Any help on this matter whould be much appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Hello @Tropisk, and welcome to the HP OneView Community Forums.

HP OneView does not provide a method to expand any of the internal filesystems, even though you increased the virtual disk file.  This is documented in th HP OneView Online Help and User Guide.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Tropisk
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. 

How do I get the root account for the OS behind OneView and how do I enable SSH to expand the drives?

We only have three firmware images at the moment are are getting messages about full disk. There are all being used in different clusters so we cant remove any either.

komac
Occasional Contributor

Basically OneView root account is only for HP personel if I am correct.

For them to be able to access that account they need to generate one-time password for root.

So basically, they have all control.

As bellow is Linux, it looks like a derivate of CentOS 6.x (it is called MgmtOS, but OS loading is like CentOS, in my case it said that it is version 6.6 on OV 1.20.5), (teoretically) it is possible to expand Linux FS.

OV disk is cca 170GB, so I am expecting that some of disk is for OS and SPP upload, and other (larger) part is for LOGs that are keept for I think 3 years.

So maybe the best way is to open a ticket to HP Support and to talk with HP engineers to try to help you ....

BR.

Mladen K.

My personal web page: http://www.komac.info

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

@komac, while we do not discuss the underlying OS and its components, it is a variant of CentOS that we use.  However, Support will not provide any mechanism to expand any of the internal file systems.  The VMDK/VHDX and the partition where the SPP Baselines are stored are set at a fixed size and cannot be modified at this time.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Tropisk
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your reply, I think I have to take this with support.

We need to have enough space to have more than 2-3 SPP's at the same time.

I'm amazed if the developers thought something different, so I'll bet its something they have overlooked..

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

@Tropisk I'm sorry, but support will not be able to assist you with that request.  There are no methods to increasing the size of the Baseline repository filesystem.

Alternatively, you do not need to upload the entire SPP release.  You can create a custom SPP with HPSUM, and then upload that Baseline to the appliance instead.  Please review the "Create Custom SPP Firmware Baseline using HPSUM 7.X" chapter found on Page 165 of the HP OneView Deployment and Management Guide v1.20

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Tropisk
Occasional Advisor

Thank you, I dit not know that.

Still, sooner or later it will get full again, but maybe then we have the option to expand the drive.

FabSan
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Has anyone been able to expand the drive -or even possible? i have 3.8GB remaining on OneView and need to upload a 5.5GB SPP. I just want to upload the entire SPP rather than to start customizing. Thanks!

FabSan
Occasional Advisor

so i gave customized a try. i launched "launch_hpsum.bat"

in the filters i selected,

Critical: check

Recommeneded: check

Enclosure and Individual Device Types: All components

Server Model: bl660c Gen8

When i apply the filter the virtual connects firmware does not show. If I unselect "OS" then the VC firmware 4.45 shows but, not OS components. 

so, anyone found a way to expand OneView?