1752780 Members
6098 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to expand oneview drive

Mladen_1
Occasional Advisor

I would like to expand oneview drive. I am wondering if there is any regarding oneview disk extentsiion?

Tropisk
Occasional Advisor

As the new SPP is now out, this is again a problen we have to deal with.

I did try to create a custom SPP like you said, but it is not accepted in OneView. The only way to do this is to use an old SPP as baseline, and manually add the new drivers and firmware as additional packages..

I cant figure out why you have the need to have all this limitations in oneview. No option to expand drives, maks 40 chassises. 
As a enterprise partner with over 1200 bladeservers in our enviroment we have some problems understanding why this was sold to us in the first place without anyone telling us this. 

"HP OneView does not provide a method to expand any of the internal filesystems, even though you increased the virtual disk file.  This is documented in th HP OneView Online Help and User Guide."

And you cant excpect your customers to read all the documentation before they buy a software. You do this later when installing or need help, like when you are wondering how you expand the drive.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Have you reviewed the Deployment and Managemet Guide, (on Page 197, Create Custom SPP Firmware Baseline using HPSUM 7.X )as it covers exactly how to create a custom baseline.  What was the error message from the appliance when you attempted to upload it?

As for expanding the repository, it has been loud and clear from a lot of customers and partners that this is a pain point.  The original intent was that no every customer would maintain every single baseline in the history of their deployment.  That only leads to more resources to manage.  However, due to the ever increasing size of the SPP, the original story can't be held true anymore.  We do have a plan to allow exapnding the repository size, it just isn't a method or process that we can provide customers today.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

qnjc21

Is there any reason why an older SPP cannot be removed from oneview to allow space for a new one?  I have only 6.19Gb free but need 6.5Gb.  any risk with removeing the existing one??

rohw
Advisor

If the bundle is not assigned to anything, it can be safely removed.  If it's assigned to something like a server profile when you remove it, at best, the profile will show it as missing.  At worst, it could cause the server to lose connectivity.

MarioBadua
Visitor

This feature has been added on OneView 3.0.

Other Feature Enhancements • Expands the firmware repository size to 100 GB by expanding the vdisk

http://h20566.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?sp4ts.oid=5410258&docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-c05098328