HPE OneView
1752754 Members
5164 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

How to limit the number of SNMP Traps being sent by OneView to Warning and Critical only to BMC.

JamesS1
Occasional Visitor

How to limit the number of SNMP Traps being sent by OneView to Warning and Critical only to BMC.

Hi,

I am using Oneview version 4.1. I have recently added/discovered 178 assets (C7000 enclosures and blades). 

Oneview is forwarding snmp traps to BMC.. When the trap forwading was enabled it sent 33,000 alerts for the discovered devices in just two days. The amount of alerts being forwarded from HPE Oneview to BMC is causing performance problems in BMC like a DOS attack.

My question is how to limit the number of SNMP Traps being sent by OneView to Warning and Critical only to BMC ?

rgds

James

1 REPLY 1
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: How to limit the number of SNMP Traps being sent by OneView to Warning and Critical only to BMC.

Unfortunately, that is not possible today with SNMP. If BMC has an API, you can write a script to collect alert information from OneView's API or scripting toolkits that could then populate those critical or warning messages into BMC.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo