5816 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Query: How to permanently remove Image Streamer

ogleo
Advisor

How to permanently remove Image Streamer

Hello,

I need to permanently remove Image Streamer - because I don't need them in my new setup.
Please give me some procedure.

5 REPLIES 5
support_s
System Recommended

Query: How to permanently remove Image Streamer

System recommended content:

1. HPE Synergy Image Streamer - How to Replace Image Streamer

Please click on "Thumbs Up/Kudo" icon to give a "Kudo".

Thank you for being a HPE valuable community member.

Accept or Kudo

ogleo
Advisor

Hello,

Thanks a lot I know this document but after I properly removed Streamer I have problem with one Networks where I have information like below:
Used by  1 deployment-clusters

and I can't remove this Network and in consequnce of this I can't permanently remove Image Streamer.

MV3
HPE Pro

We are not sure if you have removed the Image streamer in a procedure.

Try reinserting the image streamer and follow the below steps to see if that addresses your issue.

From the Image Streamer main menu, select Deployment Groups > Actions  > Create backup bundle to back up all mage Streamer artifacts.
Select Deployment Groups > Actions > Download backup bundle to download the backup bundle to the localmachine. You can use it to restore the artifacts later.
From the HPE OneView main menu, select SERVERS > Server Profiles > Actions > Edit OR select SERVERS >Server Profile Templates > Actions > Edit.
a.Choose none in the Deployment Plan section.
b.Remove the associated Deployment Network iSCSI boot connections.
c.Clear Manage boot order under Boot Settings and click OK

Remove the Image Streamer OS deployment settings from the logical enclosure:
a.Select SERVERS > Enclosure Groups > Actions  > Edit. Set the Deployment network type to none and remove the logical interconnect group from the logical enclosure.
b.Select NETWORKING > Logical Interconnect Groups > Actions  > Edit. Remove the Image Streamer uplink set.
c.Select SERVERS > Enclosure Groups > Actions  > Edit. Add the logical interconnect group that you removed earlier.
d.Select SERVERS > Logical Enclosures > Actions  > Update from group

Select APPLIANCE > OS Deployment Servers > Actions  > Remove 

Wait for the action to complete and then remove the image streamer and check 

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
ogleo
Advisor

@MV3 

Hello,

Thanks a lot for nice procedure I do, I  think so very similary like you suggested but I have a problem with 2 points:

1. I have network (STREAMER_DEPLOY) where I have empty object with information like below:

network_deploy.PNG

I can't find this object  and I can't remove this network
2. Second problem is with Logical Enclosure because is inconsistent state like below:
logical_enclosure_inconsistent.PNG

I try to do 
- Reapply configuration
reapply_config.PNG
- Update from Group
update_from_group.PNG
without success because I have a problem with existing object of Image Streamer but I can't localize him????

MV3
HPE Pro

Please Open a support case with HPE for further review.

Cheers

I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo