HPE OneView
1752587 Members
3796 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: How to stop "Server power outage detected." critical events when a server is restarted

Tropisk
Occasional Advisor

How to stop "Server power outage detected." critical events when a server is restarted

We are restarting houndreds of servers every night to make sure everything works when they are restarted during windows updates, and in OneView this generate a "Server power outage detected." critical error on the servers.

How do I sto this events from generating? We are using another monitoring solutions to monitor when a server is down and we do not need the server to be in a "critical" state in oneview at every restart. It takes time to clear all the events every day, and I have to clear them to see what servers that actually need attension. 
I have done this every day for the past month now and I have to say that I'm starting to get tired of it.. 

I know I can filter them out in the activity feed, but the server state still shows up as Critical at the dashboard.

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: How to stop "Server power outage detected." critical events when a server is restarted

Unfortunately, there isn't a way to suppress these alerts when you are performing maintenance at this time.  You can filter those events out if you have Email Alerts configured.  But SNMP alerts cannot be customized.

We have received a lot of customer feedback on this topic, and do know that we are looking into how to provide a better experience in a future release.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

RBL_ADEO

Hello Chris,

Can you explain how to filter those events if we have email alerts configured?

Actually in Email filter, we have Pre-defined alert criteria because we don't know the query in advanced mode to remove those kind of alerts.

skins4ev4
Visitor

We are also dealing with the same issues.  We are getting hundreds of emails per day with only the Critical Alert enabled.  It is so much noise that actual critical alerts are totally ignored.  There is no user guide out there that spells out how to create the custom or advanced filtering for alerts in detail.  We are getting floods of uplink and downlink errors everytime we reboot a server.  There has to be a solution.  I have opened a case with support and they were useless as well.  I have found an old forum post that is on the right track:
https://community.hpe.com/t5/HPE-OneView/OneView-Alert-Mails-Filtering-out-Multiple-Conditions/td-p/6975633

I don't know the syntax to modifiy it, as soon as I enter any additional filiters it breaks the entire email notification.

There seems to be a complete lack of knowledge depth of OneView and I know I am not the only one who feels this way as I have several colleagues that are souring on it as a platform.