1753774 Members
7041 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Hypervisor cluster profile and remove node

Danmind
Occasional Advisor

Hypervisor cluster profile and remove node

After Import hypervisor cluster profile Oneview, how can host safe deleted from the cluster without deleting the Server Profile? Why not unmount host from the Server Profile instead of deleting the profile itself?

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

OneView is an intent-based management tool.  Its job is to manage the active configuration of the policies deployed.  This would include clsuter profiles.  That being said, we have heard feedback from other customers asking for the ability to "soft" remove a cluster profile without deleting the associated server profile.  We are looking into that for a future enhancement.

As for removing just a node, are you also removing the node from the associated cluster?  Can you describe the use case here?  Feel free to private message me the details if you think posting that on a public forum is considered sensitive information.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Danmind
Occasional Advisor

I found way to safely remove node from the cluster without delete Server Profile - first need to remove (Move To) the server from the cluster in the vCenter, and then it can be removed from the cluster in OneView. In this case, the Server Profile is not deleted.

As for removing just a node, are you also removing the node from the associated cluster?
- Yes it also be removed from the associated cluster (vCenter).
At the main problem when deleting a Server Profile is the loss of WWN address and the host will need new zoning on SAN Fabric.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

When I asked if you were removing the node, I meant are you deleting it.  It appears that you are moving cluster nodes around.  May I ask why?  What is the purpose here that you need to move cluster nodes from one cluster to another?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo