1752793 Members
6122 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: I must say this, Infosight and Oneview

T_1_6
Regular Advisor

I must say this, Infosight and Oneview

The work HPE has done on Infosight is a masterpiece.

What a cracking bit of work. It has so much more easy to access and drill down data than SSMC on-prem, and its just so seamless, a seriously high quality bit of engineering compared to my previous experiences of Infosight when it was a bit of a broken mess.

However this leads me to an obvious question, is this majesty able to handle Gen10 servers using Oneview as the communication appliance, or now even in 2022, would we have to run ILO Amplifier as well as Oneview main to get server data into infosight? Infosight is that good, I cant even think of the last time I subjected myself to logging in and using insight online for the servers. It would be BRILLIANT to have all of our kit under the Infosight umbrella for a truly unified single pane overview.

11 REPLIES 11
tech3d
HPE Pro

Hi T_1_6,

Glad to know that you liked the AI based HPE Infosight web application.

As of now, we have Infosight integration only from iLO Amplefier pack due to design simplifications.

OneView currently has support integration in the form of HPE Remote Support.

Here are some URLs that should help :

https://infosight.hpe.com/InfoSight/media/cms/active/public/tmg_HPE_InfoSight_Security_-_Secure_Predictive_Analytics_in_the_Cloud_doc_version_family.pdf

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00063441en_us

If you already have the above links, please ignore.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo

T_1_6
Regular Advisor

Our oneview is currently setup to use remote support and that is ok. 
Can we use Amplifier alongside Oneview to pipe stuff into infosight too? Or would that make a mess and generate two sets of support tickets when things trigger from on-prem?

Thanks! Infosight is currently one of the best things I have seen in a long while. 

AmRa
HPE Pro

Please refer below URL where HPE announces new features for HPE OneView 5.3, embedding AI and saving time.

https://community.hpe.com/t5/Servers-Systems-The-Right/HPE-announces-new-features-for-HPE-OneView-5-3-embedding-AI-and/ba-p/7094146#.YeU3-v5BxaQ

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
T_1_6
Regular Advisor

Hi,

We are running Oneview 6.4.

Can you let me know if I must use ILOAmplifier alongside our Oneview in order to put our Server info into Infosight?
If I can use both side by side and simply use Amplifier for the Infosight bit, thats fine, I just need the answer!

If there is something in v6.4 I can switch on, happy to use some preview feature and provide feedback, not a problem.

T_1_6
Regular Advisor

Guys can anyone answer this? need to pull the trigger on Amplifier asap if so....

UserName1
Frequent Advisor

We have both ilo amp and oneview without issue, but we don't do any firmware via it.  Basically used to send info upto the infosight portal.

Not sure the benifit of using both to be fair but we have both.

T_1_6
Regular Advisor

Perfect,

This is exactly what I want to do, use Amplifier to simply upload to infosight, nothing more!

Thanks!

T_1_6
Regular Advisor

Just set this up and ahs logs and servers are in Infosight which is great.

However, all the servers say Heartbeat Never Received, even though all the uploads and AHS logs are sucessful.
I understand from reading that heartbeat data is every 10 mins, so should have uploaded a load already!

Could it be that since the servers are "managed by Oneview" in Amplifier, it stops sending the heartbeats to Infosight, or does it take a few hours or a day or whatever for stuff to populate?

no_heartbeat.jpg

UserName1
Frequent Advisor

Don't think that is related to having both in use.  I don't see that in my Infosight portal.