4196 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

ICSP - Specify VLAN via Build Plan for Maintenance Mode

druno
Occasional Visitor

ICSP - Specify VLAN via Build Plan for Maintenance Mode

Hello,

I am attempting to do deployments via the OneView Plugin for vCenter and running into a bit of a problem with the linux service os that ICSP boots the server into.  

Specifically I need to know how to tag the deployment interface with a vlan via a build plan and not using the configure network option inside of ICSP.

The reason for this is that I would like to have this port trunked with multiple VLANs via OneView and have one of them be my deployment network and another the management VLAN for ESXi.  When I try to use the grow cluster operation via vCenter I would need the build plan to specifiy tagging the VLAN for the linux service OS to allow DHCP to occur.  After that portion happens and the media has been copied the vmware kickstart file will specifify a seperate OS with a seperate tag allowing the VM to add into vCenter.

It seems like there should be a script to allow this to occur, but I can't find anything.  Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: ICSP - Specify VLAN via Build Plan for Maintenance Mode

The PXE network must be an untagged Ethernet Network.  I would change your Network Set so that your ICSP Deployment Network is the Untagged network, with the ESXi management network be a tagged network.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

druno
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the reply!  Pardon, my network ignorance, I'm sit more on the infrastructure side of the house, but by untagging that on the network set would I also need that VLAN untagged everywhere else for this to work properly?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

No.  The network only needs to be set as the Untagged value in the Network Set.  It can be tagged elsewhere in the environment.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo