- Integrated Systems
- About Us
- Integrated Systems
- About Us
07-19-2018 12:53 AM
Implement existing C7000 into a Oneview setup
I was wondering if it would be possible to integetrate an existing C7000 into another Oneview appliance on the fly, even if it is already in another Oneview setup, on the fly using this option?
About managed c7000 enclosures
Adding an enclosure for management enables you to apply configurations, deploy server profiles, monitor operation status, collect statistics, and alert users to specific conditions. There are different ways to add a managed enclosure into HPE OneView.
- Add an enclosure that is new to your environment (one that is not managed by another system). Any existing configuration settings are erased and not brought into HPE OneView. See Before adding an enclosure for management for more information.
- Migrate an enclosure if it is managed by Virtual Connect Manager (VCM) so that the existing configuration is captured and recreated in HPE OneView. See About migrating c7000 enclosures managed by other management systems for more information.
You can forcibly add an enclosure from another management system. However, it removes all current configuration settings where it is currently being managed, and does not import the configuration settings into HPE OneView.
Adding or migrating an enclosure for management requires an HPE OneView Advanced or an HPE OneView Advanced w/o iLO license. See Server hardware license types.
ProLiant G6 and ProLiant G7 BL680c server blades
If you add an enclosure for management that contains ProLiant G6 server blade or a ProLiant BL680c server blade, the following occurs:
- These server blades are added to HPE OneView in a Monitored state. See About monitored c7000 enclosures.
- The HPE OneView Standard license is automatically applied to these servers only, even though they are in a managed enclosure. See Server hardware license types.
- Firmware for these servers is not updated during the enclosure add. The server firmware must be updated manually (outside of HPE OneView) after adding the enclosure.
Before adding an enclosure for management
Before you add an enclosure for management, consider the following:
- Do you want a single or multiple logical interconnect for all interconnects in the enclosure? See About multiple logical interconnect groups in an enclosure group.
- Do you want a new or existing enclosure group ?
- An existing enclosure group applies the configurations from that group to your new enclosure. The interconnects in the enclosure are configured automatically according to the logical interconnect groups associated with the enclosure group.
- For a multi-logical interconnect configuration, select the enclosure group you created that contains the multiple logical interconnect groups.
- A new enclosure group creates a configuration based on the enclosure you are adding. This automatically creates a single logical interconnect for all interconnects in the enclosure.
- If you are creating a new enclosure group, enter a unique name for the group. Do you want a new or existing logical interconnect group?
- An existing logical interconnect group applies the configurations from that group to the interconnects.
A new logical interconnect group creates a configuration based on the interconnects found in the enclosure.
- Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind Regards
- Eugen Rodekuhr
Any hint or idea is much appreciated.
12-17-2018 05:36 AM
Re: Implement existing C7000 into a Oneview setup
Not sure if you are still looking for an answer, but yes it is possible just be aware that it cannot be managed by two appliances, so you first have to remove it from the current and then into the new, this can be done hot, but servers need to be rebooted to apply the profile afterwards.