1752777 Members
6345 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Importing FlexFabric and FC in same enclosure into Oneview

Dan Giberson
Occasional Contributor

Importing FlexFabric and FC in same enclosure into Oneview

I'm attempting to import a new enclosure that has both a FlexFabric module and an 8GB FC module into OneView (3.0) and i'm getting the following error:

The selected enclosure's Virtual Connect configuration does not match logical interconnect group "LIG_********_1". The following element(s) are inconsistent: Fibre Channel network "Fabric_B" attribute(s) do not match: Auto Login redistribution.

As my FC is set to Manual Login Redistribution the import appears to fail. Any suggestions? I would really rather not have to manually create all the Interconnect Groups in advance.

Let me know if you require any other information. Thanks for any suggestions.

1 REPLY 1
Dan Giberson
Occasional Contributor

Re: Importing FlexFabric and FC in same enclosure into Oneview

OK....after much digging and work with Steve McLean (HPE), we finally figured this one out. In my Oneview environment I had a fabric already labelled as Fabric_A, and Fabirc_B that were linked to 8Gb FC modules. The challenge is, that OneView defaulted them to have Auto Login Redistribution turned on, eventhough this isn't a supported feature on the module. So when I tried to import another enclosure that had a manual re-distribution setting, Oneview determined there was a conflict and would allow it. 

While oneview really did what it's supposed to do, and alert on conflict, it also shouldn't have allowed me to build my first FC with Auto login redistribution enabled.