1752519 Members
4645 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Invalid Firmware Bundle Detected

Scott Caryer
Frequent Advisor

Invalid Firmware Bundle Detected

I am trying to create a custom SPP Firmware bundle. Every time I create a new one and download it from HPe's web site, and attempt to upload it to any of my 3 x Oneview 5.0.01 appliances, I am getting an "Invalid Firmware bundle detected". Any thoughts or advise? Thanks in advance...Scott

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Invalid Firmware Bundle Detected

Are you building custom SPP's from https://spp.hpe.com/custom?  What is the source SPP you are building from?  Or are you simply downloading the full SPP from our site?  Have you compared the provided MD5 or SHA1 hash to ensure the ISO download isn't corrupt?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

AlessandroSys
Occasional Visitor

Hi Chris, I have the same Scott's issue. Every time I download a custom SPP from https://spp.hpe.com/custom, after that  I had upload ISO file in oneview console, the system show me as follow: "Unable to upload the firmware bundle file xxx.iso: invalid firmware bundle detected. Resolution Remove the current firmware bundle file and upload a valid firmware bundle."

This is my Oneview Version:  5.40.00-0423953

Can you help me?

Regards.

DanCernese
HPE Pro

HPE OneView looks for certain required inventory items in custom built SPPs.  The message could be clearer about what components are required, it's possible for example that you're missing OA or VC for a c7000 environment.  Can you say more about what you're downloading-- is it a full SPP with hotfixes or a customized inventory?

I am an HPE Employee
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

OneView has relaxed what is required witin a baseline starting with OneView 5.20.  That means that if a component that was required before, the baseline will no longer be rejected if not present, and a warning message will appear on the appliance stating what component was missing.

But this message is quite different from the one I was just describing.  Did you make sure that the baseline ISO is bootable?  If not, then you need to go back and create a new ISO that is bootable, as that is a required component to the ISO image. 

Otherwise, can you PM me a location to the ISO image so I can take a look at it?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

AlessandroSys
Occasional Visitor

Thank you Re: Invalid Firmware Bundle Detected

Hi Chris, today I tried to download a bootable ISO, now it works!

Thank you!

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Thank you Re: Invalid Firmware Bundle Detected

Excellent @AlessandroSys .  Glad you have it working.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo