1752577 Members
4824 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Is this possible?

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Is this possible?

I have a few hundred DL 380 and 560 servers.  I'm trying to see if I can use OpenView to:

1. Change the admin password in each iLO?
  2. Change the ldap setup in iLO?
  3. Install new firmware (iLO, system, etc)?

I've been searching through the user guide and searching on the Internet, but have not found any answer yet.

25 REPLIES 25
MeFromil
Frequent Advisor

hi 

if you talk about One view 

1. when you add server to One view it user SSO to open the ilo , in Ov 4.20 there is some option i dont know for 100%

2.  you can config One view to use Ldap / ad

3 . yes you can update firmware of manged server if you  add the servers to One view for Manage 

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

For any of the features you are asking a out require an HPE OneView Advanced license. We added LDAP and local Administrator account management in OneView 4.20. To update firmware on a server, including iLO, you would assign a server profile with a firmware bundle!/baseline associated.

All of these are documented in the appliance online help.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

I do have a oneview advanced license.  I have not set up server profiles.  So, I'll have to work on that.  I guess I should have been a little more clear.  All of those updates I mentioned were relative to each iLO and not to OpenView.  That is, I want to see if I can use OpenView to change the iLO administrator password in each iLO?  I want to see if I can set up each to connect to an LDAP directory server and set up the allowed groups and permissions without having to visit each iLO.  I know I can do the LDAP setup through hponcfg.  So, if I can't do it from OpenView, I can run the hponcfg commands from our salt master and hit all of the iLOs that way.  Thanks for the feedback!  I'll have to work on the server profiles next.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

As I stated above what you are asking for is available in OneView 4.20, and only with a server profile, or associated server profile template.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

Yes, we are using vs 4.20.  I see in the API reference an example for setting the iLO admin password, iLO LDAP integration and directory group setup.  I'm working on that.  We have three hardware URIs.  None involve any enclosures.  In my post for creating the server profile templates, should I include: 

"enclosureGroupUri": null

or just leave enclosureGroupUri out entirely? 

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The enclosureGroupUri is only needed for BladeSystem or HPE Synergy.  You can include that property in your JSON POST and leave it null if you are designing for any other supported platform.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

Thanks!  Is there some place to get the whole api for server-profile-templates?  When making the connection to AD, I need to use my admin credentials to do that.  I don't see that in the example provided.  Is that what 'iloObjectDistinguisedName is?  I guess in the example they are using a service account?  Plus, I need a little bit better definition of the directoryUserContext.  

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Both on appliance, and on the HPE OneView Enterprise Information Library.  You want to search (Ctrl+F) for API Reference.  The current version is here.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

That seems to be the exact same thing as one gets from the help page which doesn't seem to list all possible values, just gives you several very good examples. I'm going to try and see if I can find how the ansible interface does this.  Might be a little more clear.