Re: Is this possible?

Hi Chris,

That was my main reason for putting the data in a variable.  I did 

echo "${DATA}" | jq -r '.'

and it came out with no errors.   

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris, I just added a little over 70 DL380s and DL560s to OneView using the rest API.  That worked.  I then tried to create a server profile template for the DL560s at that location.  Put all of the data in a variable.  Echo'd that to jq and did not get any errors.  Uploaded with: 

curl --insecure \
     --header "content-type: application/json" \
     --header "X-API-Version: ${currentVersion}" \
     --header "auth: ${sessionID}" \
     --data "${DATA}" \
     --request POST ${OneView}/rest/server-profile-templates | jq -r '.'

Did not get any errors, but did not get any output.  Checked through the gui and no new server profile template was created.  Aren't I supposed to get a task uri returned?

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone have a clue why I am not getting any output?  No error message or success message.  I think I should get one or the other?

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Still not working.  Not getting output.  No success nor error message.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Async task success is noted by an HTTP 202 response code, and with a Location HTTP header.  Take a look at this StackExchange thread on getting the HTTP resonse code back from cURL.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

BradV
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks Chris!  That helped.  Adding '--include' to the curl command got me back the task uri.  For this particular attempt, I am getting back: "Argument \"directoryServerAddress\" is below the minimum bound of 1 for iLO setting \"Manage directory configuration\"."  I'll have to figure out what I am doing wrong there.