HPE OneView
1752340 Members
5744 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion

Keeping the Same Addresses after deleting and re-creating a profile

Keeping the Same Addresses after deleting and re-creating a profile

After a long gap, due to some personal reasons, I had to put my hands on a 4x enclosure OneView installation to troubleshoot intermittent connectivity disruptions. The engineer had copied the profile, and I wanted to rule out whether that caused the issue.

In my POC setup, I always got back the same MACs and WWxNs. Today I deleted a profile attached to a BL460c G9 server and recreated the profile. But I got completely different MACs and WWxNs. This was unexpected and I had to instruct the customer to reinstall ESXi on that server. Fixing those things would have obviously taken much more time.

Can anyone tell me how reassigning MACs and WWxNs are controlled in OneView so that the customer can quickly get back to production?

Version: HP OneView 1.20.03 (update release, February-2015)

1 REPLY 1
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Keeping the Same Addresses after deleting and re-creating a profile

Once a Server Profile has been deleted, the assigned OneView addresses go to the end of the pool. This is to reduce potential address conflicts.  If you wish to restore or reuse the addresses,  there is an option wihtin the Connection to specify a User Assigned Address, which can be an HP OneView address.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo