108794 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Lisence key for HP OneView Standard

SOLVED
Go to solution
TorATB
Occasional Visitor

Lisence key for HP OneView Standard

Hello. I have just installed and set up HP OneView and would like to register the Standard license key so everything is in order. I have tried calling HP support and sales. They don't want to do anything until I have registered a case, but our hardware have no warrenty anymore. The Standard license is supposed to be free, so I'm asking here if anyone know what the key is, so I can just register it and use the free version. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

There is no license key for OneView Standard. You add the server hardware using the Add Server action in server inventory, and select OneView Standard as the license type. That's it. Nothing else. This should be documented in the online help.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

TorATB
Occasional Visitor

Is this what you mean? https://dl3.pushbulletusercontent.com/mPJCeaBIvrV2CvUIUpjUtpNfABfqLRRG/Capture.PNG
I have heard that "Monitoring" is free, but they called the license "Standard", so naturally I thought that you had to register the key. Great that I don't have to do that, because I was on the phone trying to reach someone that could give me the key, and spend a few hours not getting any way with that...

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Yes, sorry.  Servers would be added as Monitored resources.  This would use the "OneView Standard" license, of which there is no license key to add or use.  It's just part of the base product.

Clicking on the ? icon in the upper right would have taken you to the online help topic, which would have covered this in more detail.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo