3472 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Load FW hotfixes to oneview - invalid signatures

maol
Occasional Visitor

Load FW hotfixes to oneview - invalid signatures

Hello,

be noticed that ILO5 FW version 2.10 is bugged and flashing ilo blades with that firmware will make the blade unable to be managed by oneview anymore.

we've also been told from HPE that FW version 2.12 fixes that problem.

We so tried to create a custom FW bundle in oneview using 2019.12.0 GEN10 SPP and adding ILO5 2.12 as an hotfix.

I've donwloaded https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=MTX_84db76fd306e43e4810c5fca63 and uploaded to oneview.

after uploading FW oneview ask me for a signature file, i've downloaded both the signature files: firmware-ilo5-2.12-1.1.x86_64_part1.compsig and firmware-ilo5-2.12-1.1.x86_64_part2.compsig but oneview is accepting only one file and none of them is working.

wich is the correct  way to update gen10 FW now that the latest SPP is bugged?

thanks

Lorenzo

12 REPLIES 12
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Unfortunately, the only way today is to create a custom baseline with HPSUM, then upload the new ISO into your appliance or to the external repository your appliance(s) is(are) connected to.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

jdkarpin
Occasional Contributor

Is there anything special that need to be done about custom iso to work with HPOneView? 

I've added iLO 5 2.14 to replace 2.10 to SPP 2020.12.0 to fix bug that renames 650FLB from "HP FlexFabric 20Gb 2-port 650FLB Adapter" to "HPE FlexFabric 20Gb 2-port 650FLB Adapter" which confuses HPOneView, since HW is defined by model + Network.

I'm getting below error. Readding ISO doesn't help. ISO works fine if inserted directly. Boots ok and upgrades all components. 

"The firmware update operation failed on server fm72d-r4r15-e1, bay 1 due to an unexpected problem.

Resolution

Remove and add the firmware baseline again. After the baseline add completes, refresh the server and retry updating the firmware. If the problem persists, contact your authorized support representative and provide them with a HPE OneView support dump and the AHS logs from the iLO."

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

@jdkarpin , to better help, can you please provide the following information:

• What version of HPE OneView are you running?
  • What source SPP is your baseline created from?
  • When you run HPSUM from the ISO, what version of HPSUM is present?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

jdkarpin
Occasional Contributor

HPOneView: 4.20.02-0395878

SPP: Source is P26228_001_spp-2019.12.0-SPP2019120.2019_1209.4.iso from HP site. 

HPSUM: 8.5.0

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Thanks.  I'll take a look at this.  But if you have a support case, please work through that as well.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

@jdkarpin, if you have not already, please do open a support case.  I am unable to find out if this is a known condition with the 2019.12 SPP or something different.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

S_Krause
Occasional Advisor

We have the same issue, it's not possible to upload two Signature Files (Part1 and Part2) in the OneView.

Is there another way to built a custom SPP with the Hotfix for the Gen10 Raid Controller or the ILO 5 Update?

Thanks

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

@S_Krause, that is a different problem than what is being discussed here. You will.need to create a customer baseline off of the appliance using HPSUM in interactive mode. Is this baseline for Synergy or a different platform?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

uzimmermann
Frequent Advisor

So this is still a problem. HPE has the following advisory:

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00098692en_us&docLocale=en_US

In it, it states that OneView 5.20.01 fixes this problem, but that is not the case. Even OneView 5.50 still doesn't allow to add two separate compsig files. Really disappointing that after many months HPE still hasn't figured this out and fixed it. It is like one side of the company isn't talking to the other. How hard is it to provide a single compsig file like for ALL the other firmware pieces?