Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory size after memory upgrade not refreshed in HPE OneView

MarioE
Advisor

Memory size after memory upgrade not refreshed in HPE OneView

Hi Community

I have two Proliant DL380 Gen9, which I have made a memory upgrade from 128GB to 256GB.
The servers are as "Monitored" in the HPE OneView registered.
I am refreshing the server in HPE OneView, but I do not see the new memory value of 256GB. I still see the old value of 128GB memory.
Only when I deleted the server from the HPE OneView and make a discovery (Add server hardware), I see the right mamory value of 256GB.
After a refresh, does the memory information in the HPE OneView not be refreshed?
Has anyone ever seen the behavior?

4 REPLIES
ChrisLynchHPE
Neighborhood Moderator

Re: Memory size after memory upgrade not refreshed in HPE OneView

The server must successfully complete POST 1 time for the new installed RAM to be identified.  Are you sure you waited long enough for that to happen?

MarioE
Advisor

Hi Chris
I have made 3 reboots. I see the correct value of the memory in the iLO under System Information - Memory.

If I deleted the server from the HPE OneView and make a discovery (Add server hardware), I see the right mamory value.

Is it possible that HPE OneView does not update the memory value with Refresh Action? Could be a bug in HPE OneView?

ChrisLynchHPE
Neighborhood Moderator

Refresh of a server resource for its updated inventory is supported, and should have picked up the new RAM increase. As I stated, the server needs to complete POST at least 1 time successfully for the iLO to have that information populated. If there was a communication issue between the HPE OneView appliance and target iLO, that could have caused the refresh to fail. But without log files, it is difficult to know for sure why the hardware inventory refresh didn’t pick up the new hardware changes.
MarioE
Advisor

I have make a Firmware Upgrade with the latest SPP 2017.10.1 after upgrading the memory from 128GB to 256GB.
After POST, the new Firmware levels (iLO, BIOS, Smart Array Controller, ...) have been updated in HPE OneView.
Only the memory extension is not recognized.