1752782 Members
5904 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Modify OneView IP Range

thecakeisalie
Occasional Contributor

Modify OneView IP Range

I've got a Synergy system with a defined IP range which is being exhausted.  Is there a way to tag vlans on Synergy in the Settings/Addresses and Identifiers area to define an IP scope on a seperate network?

4 REPLIES 4
AmRa
HPE Pro

About reserved VLAN pools

A reserved VLAN pool is a range of VLANs used for allocation of non-tagged networks:

Tunnel
Untagged
Tagged networks and FCoE networks use VLANs outside of the reserved pool. You cannot use a reserved VLAN for tagged or FCoE networks.

The VLAN pool allows the number of available VLANs to be segregated between tagged and non-tagged networks. Because non-tagged networks use VLANs for internal translation resources, a reserved VLAN pool can provide a sufficient number of VLANs available for allocation of those internal VLANs. In addition, the reserved pool range removes the need for translation resources to be used on tagged networks.

For the maximum number of VLANs per physical downlink port, see the HPE OneView Support Matrix for HPE Synergy.

Creating and managing a reserved VLAN pool

A reserved VLAN pool is unique within a fabric, but independently allocated within each logical interconnect. The reserved range is identical across all logical interconnects within a fabric. The remaining VLANs (outside of the pool) are shared among all the logical interconnects within the fabric.

For HPE OneView running embedded on a HPE Synergy 12000 Frame, the default range starts at 3967 and the size is 128. The minimum size of the pool must be 60 VLANs to ensure the pool is not exhausted.
The size of the pool cannot exceed 128 VLANs.

For more information please refer below link.

https://techlibrary.hpe.com/docs/enterprise/servers/oneview5.0/cicf/en/index.html#s_fabrics-vlan-pool-about-cic.html 

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

IP Address Pool Subnets are tied to a singular Ethernet Network.  It cannot be associated with multiple Ethernet Networks.  As an Ethernet Network is the same as a VLAN.  If you have run out of addresses within the defined range, you can add more ranges to the Subnet.  However, if your range consumes the entirity of the subnet, you will need to create a new subnet with a new range, and that means another Ethernet Network with a different VLAN.  Once the subnet mask has been set to the address pool subnet, it cannot be modified.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Brian Peterkin
Occasional Contributor

The Management network associated with the orignal IP subnet pool is tagged. Does the FLM mangement ports have to be tagged on the management switch as well?  Will that allow a new IP subnet pool to be created and associated with another new management network and also tagged on the FLM management switch ports? 

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

The FLM and Composer does not support customer VLAN tagging.  So the switch port must either be in Access Port mode, or the Default/Native VLAN ID for an 802.1q Trunk Port must be the management VLAN assigned to the subnet in question.  We do not support VLAN tagging like c-Class Onboard Administrator used to.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo