New Discussion

Re: Monitoring HW failures on a 3PAR System using OneView

SOLVED
Go to solution
Juan Antonio Mas Galian
Occasional Contributor

Monitoring HW failures on a 3PAR System using OneView

Hi Team

I have added  to the One View 4.2 a 3PAR system at 3.2.2 MU6 as a Storage System device , in addition to information about the capacity and configuration data and also  to perform the provisioning tasks of self-provisioning, I would like  to know if there is any way to display on the main dashboard the  alerts related to the HW failures to be able to use One View also as a basic monitoring console, at the moment I was unable to see any changes from green to amber or red  when HW failure events have occurred.

Thanks in advance

Juan Antonio Mas Galiana

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

OneView isn't meant to replace SSMC or the need to use SSMC for storage system monitoring.  Today, OneView will report connectivity status from the initiator to the target system, and would show the overall CPG (Storage Pool in OneView) state if it is degraded.  But you'd still need SSMC to view what is causing the degredation.

The reason why SSMC isn't linked from OneView (that is asked quite a lot) is that SSMC doesn't have a REST API to integrate with.  When that changes, we would look at providing additional capabilities from OneView to SSMC.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Juan Antonio Mas Galian
Occasional Contributor

Hi Chris

Thank´s a lot for your reply ,

Regards

Juan 

SANJAY MUNDHRA
HPE Pro

OneView can only monitor H/W failures for HPE Servers (Gen8 to Gen10), it can manage 3PAR and SAN switches for zoining and volume provisionng. You will need to use the SSMC/CMS  or if you have connected the 3PAR to HPE via STaTS you can use the Infosight or Insight Oline Portal for monitoring H/W alerts.

Cheers,
Sanjay Mundhra
I am a HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo