4875 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Need a scripting idea for OneView audit

Ari000
Occasional Advisor

Need a scripting idea for OneView audit

Hi Team,

Appreciate if someone can share an idea of what tool/scripting language to use to audit healthcheck. Our requirement is to have an excel sheet as output, the excel sheet should have columns as server name, corresponding server profile, corresponding server profile template, corresponding HPE SPP etc. I have tried looking for python modules for the same, but couldn't find a proper one. We have OneView version of 5.20.X

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
avinfotech
Occasional Advisor

Really a smart and reat question. i just have one more question that is it necessary to download data in Excel ?? or we can download that data in txt file etc.

Ari000
Occasional Advisor

Thank you.

The output can be in any format, being csv, txt etc. Do you have any suggestion on this?

AmRa
HPE Pro

Please refer github for script to Import and Export OneView resources

https://github.com/DungKHoang/Import-Export-OneView-Resources

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

I would suggest you use the HPE OneView Global Dashboard appliance.  Reporting capabilities are much more flexible in that free product.  Otherwise, you will need to create a script to collect the information you are looking for that interacts with the HPE OneView REST API.  Yes, we do have Python and PowerShell libraries.  We have some sample scripts within their respective GitHub repositories, and we also have an HPE currated repository of scripts here.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo