1752758 Members
4885 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Netowrk set change alert in OneView/Composer 4.2

JoeA07
Occasional Visitor

Netowrk set change alert in OneView/Composer 4.2

I have private networks tied to specific uplinks, and network sets obviously associated.  I need to setup an alert that will notify a specific group if the network set is changed.  Does anyone have any experience with this? 

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Unfortunately, there isn't a native way to support this within OneView. You could use the State Change Message Bus (which is RabbitMQ) to monitor for state changes to the network sets.

What is it you are trying to solve? Just to be notified when someone makes a change to network sets? Is it to see if someone made a change that was not supposed to?

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

JoeA07
Occasional Visitor

Yes our security team would like us to setup an alert to make sure that those ntwork sets are not added/removed, or changed without a level of visibility.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Unfortunately, OneView does not alert or notify of changes that were made natively.  There is a State Change Message Bus (SCMB, which is RabbitMQ) that you could connect to to listen for those resources being modified, and then generate an alert to your security team.  This integration would be external to OneView.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo