7815 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

Newbie question

Olivier de Heer
Occasional Contributor

Newbie question

Dear All,

I'm new to the HP OneView product (and forum). In our invironment, on the HP OneView  Dashbord -> Server Hardware there are 54 systems listed. In the "statuscircle", 34 systems are listed as OK, the other 20 are listed as "other". What defines "other"?

Many thanks in advance,

Olivier

2 REPLIES 2
jean_denis16
Occasional Contributor

Re: Newbie question

In my case "Other" system are due to server without OneView licences. So I can see my server and manage them through the iLO but I can't see any information about hardware or healt of those systems until I get my licences that I've purshase for those systems.

Try to click on one of those system to see if you have a warning that give you more information on them

My warning message "Insufficient "HP OneView Advanced w/o iLO" licenses on appliance."

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Newbie question

@jean_denis16 wrote:

In my case "Other" system are due to server without OneView licences. So I can see my server and manage them through the iLO but I can't see any information about hardware or healt of those systems until I get my licences that I've purshase for those systems.

Try to click on one of those system to see if you have a warning that give you more information on them

My warning message "Insufficient "HP OneView Advanced w/o iLO" licenses on appliance."

I'm sorry, but that is incorrect.  HP OneView has "embedded" 60-day eval licenses.  You can add your hardware that you haven't recieved licenses for.  When you add the appropriate licenses, the appliance will allocate them appropriately.

As to the original question, Other (when referring to Server Hardware) can mean that there are no Server Profiles assigned yet, and power hasn't been applied.  OneView can't report health status of a server that isn't powered on.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo