5319 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: No Alerts for HPE OneView 5.3 and SCOM Integration 9.7

DoJu
Frequent Advisor

No Alerts for HPE OneView 5.3 and SCOM Integration 9.7

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone advise why SCOM is not showing active alerts for degraded hardware such as predictive failure on disks?

I have implemented HPE OpenView 5.3 in a Hyper-V VM and installed/imported the SCOM Integration 9.7 kit on the SCOM Server (HPE OneView SCOM MP 5.2 and HPE OneView Event Manager)

Added OneView Appliance to Configuration Dashboard in HPE OneView Systems MP
Added several ILO advanced Gen8/Gen9/Gen10 Proliant Server
Health Dashboard shows appliance/server hardware health
There is a HPE Resource Pool for HPE OneView MP

No active alerts under HPE Servers (desipite degraded disk)
HPE Server States most are healthy with some critical/warning states.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
AmRa
HPE Pro

Please refer HPE OneView - Troubleshooting SCOM Issues

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-a00066374en_us

We have seem same issue with older version of OneView appliance please refer below customer advisory, If none of the action from above HPE article works than please raise support ticket with HPE support team for further investigation.

https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docId=a00059321en_us&docLocale=en_US 

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
DoJu
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for the reply. 

I note OneView has alerted for a ILO Cat6 cable disconnect test, but the predicted failure on a disk remains a non-alert.

OneView shows the ILO states (warning/errored) but says you must use HTTP ILO to check for why.

I am using OneView 5.3 and the latest integrated pack for SCOM (9.7)

I may need to log a case but not sure how as there is no serial nor license that comes with the product.

Steve

Anurag_Soni
HPE Pro

Are you looking for an specific alert in Active alert view or none of the alerts are popping inside SCOM. Please note that only alert "with severity Warning and Critical and with state Active" will be logged in Active alert view. 

If none of the alerts are logged, please make sure all the management server has connectivity to HPE OneView and port 5671 is open on Management server. Also share all the logs present under HP OneView Event Manager folder. Please collect the logs from all the management server in the resource pool.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo