New Discussion юеВ

No Server integration on HPE OneView for vcenter 9.5 for non-oneview servers

SOLVED
Go to solution
MGRF
Occasional Contributor

No Server integration on HPE OneView for vcenter 9.5 for non-oneview servers

Hi,

I just installed and configured HPE OneView 9.5 for vSphere vCenter on vCenter 6.7.

My problem is that I cannot add my servers and there is nothing for servers integration in the menu. Just oneview credential is there and I have no OneView installed. Tried the iLo and ESXi credentials but not working.

Is OneView mandatory to be able to add servers to the OneView for vCenter? no iLO support?

OV.JPG

Thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
Doug de Werd
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: No Server integration on HPE OneView for vcenter 9.5 for non-oneview servers

That is correct.

Individual server registration was removed in OV4VC 9.4.  So if you are trying to use 9.5, then the only way to do it is with OneView.

You can continue to use OV4VC 9.3 if you need to use non-OneView managed servers.

You can also start using OneView (and can use it with OneView Standard licenses), which will give you additional functionality (like Proactive HA).

Thanks,

Doug

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
MGRF
Occasional Contributor

Re: No Server integration on HPE OneView for vcenter 9.5 for non-oneview servers

Thanks man got my answer, installed OneView 5, added servers in monitored mode, etc. And there's another question if you don't mind

Is there any trial advanced license available deliverable online for adding a host in managed mode?

Best regards

Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

Yes, there is a 60 day trial for HPE OneView Advanced licenses.

SInce you've already downloaded the appliance, you can just apply an Advanced license to a server to start playing around with the Advanced features. After 60 days, you need to either remove the Advanced license or purchase one.

From https://h20392.www2.hpe.com/portal/swdepot/displayInstallInfo.do?productNumber=Z7550-63180

Note: There is a 60-day trial period for HPE OneView Advanced obtained from the appliance without a license purchase. After this trial period expires, the appliance displays an alert if you do not have enough licenses to support the existing servers. The alert appears in the user interface after login and does not clear until you add enough licenses.

Thanks,

Doug

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo
budgie81
Frequent Visitor

sorry to take over this thread but is oneview for vCenter worth implenting? Does it add any value for day to day operations?

MGRF
Occasional Contributor

In my opinion Nope, not at all. I didn't like it.

thebassman

Hi,

I have same error like in original post, but I already have HP One View and  I have already tried local HP OneView account and also my AD account which I am using to login directly to HP OneView. What might be the issue here? I have also validated and vCenter certificate is also added to HPOV. What else might be the case? Is there any port required for such communication? As my HPOV is behind FW and this vCenter for test is not. So it might be the FW, but I can't find any info about required port.

Doug de Werd
HPE Pro

For port info, see page 22 at HPE OneView for VMware vCenter Installation Guide (9.5) 

FYI, all other docs are at https://www.hpe.com/info/ovvcenter/docs 

Thanks,

Doug

I am an HPE employee
Accept or Kudo