New Discussion юеВ

Re: No logon to directory after OneView 5.5 upgrade

SOLVED
Go to solution
Frank_ltnds
Frequent Visitor

No logon to directory after OneView 5.5 upgrade

Hello all,

I just had an annoying problem after upgrading my OneView appliance from version 5.4 to 5.5. Upgrade was successful, but afterwards I was unable to log on to appliance with any ActiveDirectory user account. Logon with local administrator works. All directory settings seem correct, I tested resetting the password of directory service account, but same result. I can browse the directory from users and groups settings, so there is obviously no connection problem between OneView and ActiveDirectory. But still no logon possible.

I finally had to restore my appliance to previous version (5.4) by VMware snapshot. No problems with OneView 5.4., logon works perfectly. Has anyone made a similar experience with 5.5?

Thanks a lot.

Frank

17 REPLIES 17
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

This is not expected, so please open a support case.  

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

techguy52

I just upgraded my lab OneView appliance from 5.4. to 5.5 this morning and I did not have that issue. I can still login with my AD account.

-Skip

Frank_ltnds
Frequent Visitor

Ok, thank you. Important information that it generally works. I will retry updating and then do some more testing. Unfortunately I have no lab environment...

inkostin
Visitor

Same problem.

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

@inkostin  please open a support case.  The forums here aren't meant to replace that process.  And this isn't a known issue.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Frank_ltnds
Frequent Visitor

@ChrisLynch: I think that I cannot open a support case because I don't have OneView advanced licenses. Am I wrong?

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

If you are using the HPE OneView Standard license, then you need to ensure you have purchased the K6F98AAE SKU, which is HPE OneView Standard 1yr 9x5 Support and per OneView appliance.  Otherwise, yes, the HPE OneView Advanced license comes with 3 year 24x7 support by default.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

vx_it
Advisor

MarioE
Valued Contributor

I have the same problem.
I have an AD group with 8 users. All users can log in, but one user can't.
Had to go back to version 5.4, where I don't have this problem.
HPE, you have a problem there, so please react, don't wait for customer cases!