1752394 Members
7149 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: OV need license vs available

glennjbrown
Occasional Collector

OV need license vs available

on my OV console, it shows 2 liceneses needed, it also shows 40 available.  How do I apply 2 of the 40? 

Also how do I find out which 2 need licenses, I don't see a report for this and the line that says need two is not a hot link.

ov_licenses.JPG

Any guidance would be appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
AmRa
HPE Pro

OneView fails to assign the embedded OneView license to devices. This occurs because OneView adds all licenses imported to the license pool. If this embedded license is added to the OneView pool manually through the GUI, it can be consumed by a different device. This then leads to a license unavailable scenario.

In this scenario you need to identify which servers are unlicensed in OneView appliance and if you are able to identify the servers than refresh those servers one by one in OneView appliance and check the status.

If you are unable to identify servers  then please log support ticket with HPE support team, to look into OneView database and fix the issue by releasing available license from OneView database.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
glennjbrown
Occasional Collector

Thanks, is their an easy way to identify those 2 servers amongst the hundereds I have? A HP-OV PS query or something if needed?

-GB

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Yes, Get-OVLicense.  It will generate a report of licenses and nodes that are assigned to the license.  Here is a sample output that you should see when runnig the same command:

Screenshot 2020-09-23 100523.png

Then, you can use the following to view all of the nodes that need a license:

(Get-OVLicense | ? Type -eq 'Unlicensed').Nodes

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo