HPE OneView
1753773 Members
4993 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: OV4VC 10.1 upgrade, no plug in visible in vCenter at all...

T_1_6
Regular Advisor

OV4VC 10.1 upgrade, no plug in visible in vCenter at all...

We upgraded out OV4VC server from 9.6 to 10.1 as the documentation says that its compatible with vCenter 6.7U3....

HPE OneView for VMware vCenter 10.1:-

HPE OneView version support 5.0, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4, and 5.5

VMware vCenter version 6.5, 6.7, and 7.0

Well after upgrading from 9.6 to 10.1, there is no plug in visible in vCenter. Rebooted vCenter multiple times, logged in and out multiple times, rebooted OV4VC, deleted and re-added Vcenters to OV4VC, no dice, nothing makes the plug in appear in vCenter. Browsing to the vcenter /mob folder, nothing there for OV4VC there either.

It's like its not even supported. Any way to troubleshoot this at all ?

5 REPLIES 5
PatrickLong
Trusted Contributor

I have the same issue - upgraded vCenter VCSA from 6.7 Update 3j 6.7.0.45000 Build 16709110 to 7.0 U1a 7.0.1.00100 Build 17005016 and I am unable to get the ov4vc plugin to show up. in vCenter.  My Oneview for vCenter version is Version 10.1.0 Release 15-20201018.183249.   I tried all the same methods as @T_1_6  (Rebooted vCenter multiple times, logged in and out multiple times, rebooted OV4VC appliance, deleted and re-added Vcenters to OV4VC)  - even manually removed the old OV4VC plugin from vCenter using the MOB browser and it is gone, but I do not seem to be able to get the new plugin installed.

AmRa
HPE Pro

This issue need multiple log analysis and lab replications. Hence please raise support ticket with HPE Tech support team for further assistance.

I am an HPE Employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo
PatrickLong
Trusted Contributor

Case opened - I'll update this thread with any HPE Support guidance on this issue.

PatrickLong
Trusted Contributor

@T_1_6  HPE Support suggested it may be easier and quicker to simply deploy a new OV4VC appliance than troubleshhot this, so that's what I did.  Powered off old appliance, created new appliance from the OV4VC-10.1.0.15.ova file included with latest download HPE_OneView_for_VMware_vCenter_10.1_October_2020_Z7550-03607.zip ,  then configured from scratch and it worked., successfully installing the new plugin to vCenter.  I then subsequently upgraded using the OV4VCUpgrade-10.1.0.15-20201018.183249.star file included in the same above-mentioned download, because the included .ova is not actually the latest build of 10.1; the .star file contains the newer build.  It is working as expected now.  I did have to remove the old plugin from vCenter using the MOB - make *sure* you know what you're doing before attempting that operation.

T_1_6
Regular Advisor

I thought about this only this morning, and was about to post to ask you if you had any resolution from HPE.

Thank you so much for the reply, we will do this asap, really appreciate it.

Did you deploy out the separate storage part of it also seeing as the SAN/Storage integration is now another separate appliance?! 

Danke.