1751970 Members
4568 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: OV4VC 8.2 cannot connect to OA and VC

ChrisTan_1
Advisor

OV4VC 8.2 cannot connect to OA and VC

Just installed OV4VC 8.2 as an appliance.  Running VCSA 6.0 also as an appliance in the same blade in the enclosure.  But after configuring everything, vCenter only shows information related to the esx host and ilo.  when I check the communication status of the esx host for OA and VC,Comm Status.JPG the status is unavailable.

Yet the Server Module Credentials under HPE Management section for the OA and VC are correct and filled in.  Under HPE Infrastructure, as expected the HPE Enclosures show as 0

Enclosures.JPG

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
Edward L. Haletky
Valued Contributor

Hello,

Do you have the HPE VIBs installed on your ESXi hosts? WIthout those nothing will be found. OV4VC needs the CIM extensions to pick out the ILO. WIthout the ILO nothing can be found.

Best regards,

Edward L. Haletky

ChrisTan_1
Advisor

Hi Edward,

I used the HPE-customised images so HPE management agents should be in the ESXi server.  iLO was fine though and the host could identify the enclosure and bay the blade was in.  Just could not get OV4VC 8.2 to talk to OA 4.50 and Virtual Connect 4.45.

Edward L. Haletky
Valued Contributor

Hello,

Well... I have seen this before. The problem is the CIM agents are not picking up something OV4VC can actually interpret. I have 2 of 3 servers in a cluster that has this problem. The one that works does not have a secondary HBA, so I think CIM is reporting more than 1 thing that OV4VC cannot interpret. At least that is what seems to be happening for me.... My work around was to specify on a per host level the ILO address, username, and password. Once I did that discovery happened just fine.

Go to HPE Management on each node and then in the upper right you can Click on the gear in the upper right and select Host Properties. Specify it there. While this works for most things you will not get any host information such as Firmware versions memory, etc..

I would open a case with HPE actually.

Best regards,

Edward L. Haletky