1752798 Members
5405 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Query: OV4VC Custom SSL Cert Error

MCSAP
Frequent Advisor

I think I understand what you are saying.  I got confused because I'm not seeing the expected behavior I guess.   The "Add Certificate" button is greyed out for me. 

Quote:

To operate the VMware vSphere Lifecycle Manager, you must first add the HPE OneView for VMware vCenter certificate into the vCenter trust store.

Procedure
Select Menu > Administration > HPE OneView for VMware vCenter > OneView Service Pack for ProLiant(SPP)Management.
Click ADD CERTIFICATE button and add the HPE OneView for VMware vCenter certificate.
HPE OneView for VMware vCenter displays the Success dialog box indicating that you have added the HPE OneView for VMware vCenter certificate into the vCenter trust store.
To view the certificate on the vCenter trust store, perform the following steps:

Select Menu > Administration > Certificates > Certificate Management.

You can find the HPE OneView for VMware vCenter certificate in the vCenter trust store, under the Trusted Root Certificates section.

END QUOTE

T_1_6
Regular Advisor

It is simply poor wording on their part.

The error is trying to add a non CA Root cert to the VC Trust store.

I went through this and wondered too, but as long as your knowledge of PKI priciples and vSphere is sound, you will trust that all will be well and you are on the path to Oneview and vCenter Integration Enlightenment. Happy times head with Proactive HA and vLCM.