New Discussion юеВ

Re: OV4VC - vCenter 6.5.0A - No HPE Management

SOLVED
Go to solution
Edward L. Haletky
Valued Contributor

OV4VC - vCenter 6.5.0A - No HPE Management

Hello,

OV4VC HPE Management does not appear within vCenter 6.5.0a Web Client (flash based).

I am using vCenter 6.5.0a and OV4VC 8.1.0. I recently upgraded from 6.0U2 where everything was working. This upgrade requires you to re-register OV4VC. I did that after ensuring the MOB ExtensionManager showed no HP elements. It did not. Then, in OV4VC, I removed the old vCenter server and added the new vCenter server. OV4VC says everything is fine. When I look in the MOB ExtensionManager I see no registered HP extensions. This is born out by the fact that there are no HPE Management additions to the flashed based Web Client.

Between all this, I did clear the cache and cookies. Nothing changed.

8.1.0 says it should work with 6.5, but I do not see how if it does not register.

Any ideas/thoughts/logs I can look into?

Thanks,

Edward Haletky

3 REPLIES 3
referencepoint
Advisor

Same issue for me too, although I have a brand new vCenter 6.5 appliance. I deployed the OVA and added my vCenter 6.5 instance to the appliance, but I can't see the plugin anywhere. The manuals have no mention of plugin installation, they just say it "should be installed", except no step I've taken involves installing a plugin. I have checked the extensions list under the managed object browser in vSphere - there are no entries in there relating to HP(E).

peyrache
Respected Contributor
Solution

you must use ov4vc 8.2 with 6.5 nor 8.1

JY

Edward L. Haletky
Valued Contributor

Funny up until a while ago the 8.1 said it supported 6.5, glad they changed that. Now just waiting for 8.2 to be released.