108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Off-line servers

SOLVED
Go to solution
Scott Caryer
Frequent Advisor

Off-line servers

I have a few servers at a remote site that where in Oneview (OV) as a monitored server. However, the iLo switch at their site has gone down so the few servers connected to it are showing red in OV by design. I get it. However, the networking team doesn't have plans to replace that switch for another month or so. Instead of driving out to the site and replacing the iLo cable with a longer one to reach another switch that is another 40 feet away, are there any OV options to supress these red alerts in OV WITHOUT removing the server from OV altogether? 

My thoughts if I simply force remove the server, it will not be readded and simply fall off the radar screen. 

Thanks in advance...Scott

3 REPLIES 3
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

Re: Off-line servers

Today, the only way to surpress Email alerts is to exclude them within a Scope that isn't associated with the Email alert.  So, create a Scope called InMaintenance, and place those servers into just that scope, and everything else in another scope.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

Scott Caryer
Frequent Advisor

Thanks Chris for your feedback. I should have stated my issue better. It is not the alerts per say that I want to supress, but simply the OneView status. The server shows in our Global Dashboard as red. I was hoping I could change some type of maintenance parameter for that server in OV WITHOUT having to remove the server all together. I hope that makes more sense. 

Thanks in advance...Scott

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro
Solution

Unfortunately, OneView doesn't handle this type of scenario very well.  It expects data center "class" of reliability in order to monitor supported infrastructure.  There is no way to disable or supress the hardware status you see, until the remote management infrastructure is restored.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo